B

SNJ, T-6, AT-6, Texan, Harvard, CAC Wirraway, CAC Boomerang

Started by B777LR, January 22, 2008, 07:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

Greg,

If you are going to suggest ideas for pimping out the Boomerang.  Why not take a stab at making one with a bubble canopy from a P-51 or P-47? 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Aussie747

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on June 28, 2008, 03:54:17 PM
Greg,

If you are going to suggest ideas for pimping out the Boomerang.  Why not take a stab at making one with a bubble canopy from a P-51 or P-47? 

... and put a Merlin out front as well  :lol:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Rafael

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

kitbasher

Quote from: GTX on June 28, 2008, 02:39:34 PM
Or maybe a floatplane version was toyed with:

Regards,

Greg
Aah flip!!  That's almost my idea of a floatplane Boomerang - a Commonwealth Jacana I was going to call it.  Got the floats, was planning on squaring off the wing tips, Temperate Sea Scheme (as per some of the RAAF's Vought Kingfishers), back story something to do with Jacanas being inspired by floated Spitfires, etc.
What the hell, I'll build it anyway!! ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

GTX

Greg,

Like this maybe?

Of course, after trials, a fuselage stretch was also introduced:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Quote from: Aussie747 on June 28, 2008, 10:36:39 PM
Greg,

... and put a Merlin out front as well  :lol:

There were a couple of Merlin trials - the first simply introduced a Merlin 'Power-egg':

A stretch was then introduced:

Finally, as a backup to the CA-15, the Super Boomerang was developed (look closely, there is a Boomer in there):

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Other engine trials involved fitting a Bristol Hercules from the Beaufighter:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Finally, Australia's first indigenous jet fighter was developed using the Boomerang (this time with tricycle undercarriage):

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 28, 2008, 02:57:04 PM
I'll get you for this ;D Now I have to buy a Boomerang and a P-40 :banghead: :banghead:and a dang floatplane.

I am Evil Greg..I am Evil Greg...I am Evil Greg...

Regards,

Greg

GTX

GTX

Of course it is a little known fact that the RAAF also stationed some ski-equipped boomerangs in Antarctica during the war to ensure the Germans or Japanese (or Penguins) didn't strike from there:

Regards,

Greg

sotoolslinger

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:I can't afford that many Boomerangs. ;D I do have many leftover Mustang noses for some reason :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

PanzerWulff

Quote from: GTX on June 30, 2008, 12:29:07 AM
Greg,

Like this maybe?

Of course, after trials, a fuselage stretch was also introduced:

Regards,

Greg
It sorta looks like a Baby Skyraider in profile LOL
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

famvburg

IIRC, there was some movie where they were doctored up as FW 190s. The mods were similar, if not the same, as the mods done for the P-47/Typhoon roles. ISTR a greyish scheme with a red rudder........

Quote from: B777LR on January 23, 2008, 06:56:11 AM
Kellys Heroes featured a T-6 firing rockets, guns and bombs! Must have represented something...

Other things the T-6 could be disguised as:

Fw-190s

Sea Fury

Fiat G.50

Hellcats would be slightly far off, but if used in a movie, most people wouldnt notice

jcf

This has the be the ultimate thread for Plug-Uglies in Profile;D

Some could no doubt cause convulsions among unsuspecting folk of the JMN-ish persuasion.  :drink:

Jon