Main Menu

Mig 17 NVAF

Started by van883, January 22, 2008, 09:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

A sort of wif MIG 17-the decals I used were supplied in this Hasegawa boxing with paint scheme derived from the Nguyen Van Bay scheme given in the instructions crossed with what I saw on a weathered example preserved in Hanoi which was green sprayed in a random pattern over nmf.

Van

McGreig

I really like this - a subtle whiff very nicely finished  :wub: -_-

ysi_maniac

Beautiful semiwhif :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Love the scheme
Will die without understanding this world.

Martin H

Very nice Van, why not bring it with you for the MK show. see how many we can confuse with it
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

John Howling Mouse

Looks menacing.  Is this 1:72 ?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BadersBusCompany

BlackOps

Good choice in paint scheme's, looks very good!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

Got to admit, if it wasn't for the fact it was on this forum I would never have realised it was a whiff, subtle & very convincing.  Great stuff!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

van883

Thanks for the feedback-Martin I plan to come to MK, so I'll bring it!

cheers

Van

Brian da Basher

Yowsa is that crackerjack, van! I don't think I've seen an O.D./NMF scheme ever done better!!! Excellent!

Brian da Basher

Sisko

Good looking model well done.

If you hadn't said it was a Whif I wouldn't have known.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Rafael

Ditto.

I can picture in my mind a couple fellows discussing Major Ping-Pong's tally on this very same airplane in 'Nam, even citing books and authors, while watching this beauty at the exhibition.

Wonderfully made, Van.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Glenn Gilbertson

Very convincing, beautiful model!

kitnut617

I bought that kit too and I've been wondering how to do the paint work, that's terriffic!
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike