EH-101 AEW Petrel

Started by kitnut617, January 23, 2008, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

That would depend on how much fuel the new mods require !

:lol:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

This is gonna be good! I love the additions.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

jcf

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 24, 2008, 07:34:52 AM
A query - should it be Petrol or Petrel ?

Petrel is the sea bird.

Cheers,
Jon

kitnut617

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 24, 2008, 08:26:21 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on January 24, 2008, 07:34:52 AM
A query - should it be Petrol or Petrel ?

Petrel is the sea bird.

Cheers,
Jon

Damn!  thanks Jon, that's what I wanted to call it.  Help! Moderator --- could you change the title to read Petrel please.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Come on, Robert....think of all the sponsorship you could get from BP if you kept Petrol !

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

B777LR

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 24, 2008, 10:36:18 AM
Come on, Robert....think of all the sponsorship you could get from BP if you kept Petrol !

;D

Introducing: The all new radial engined Merlin! First 3 engined piston powered helicopter!

kitnut617

I decided to stretch the fuselage, here's the port side done up to the tail gate section compared to the not done starboard side, doing this leaves a bit more area to work the sponsons into.

Howard of Effingham

very nice robert! you'll be giving the FAA ideas......  ;D

did you get the 'dome under the nose from that falcon EP-3 vacform conversion?
Keeper of George the Cat.

cthulhu77

:cheers:  This looks better and better. Nice mods.

nev

Wow, this is one seriously cool kitbash  :ph34r:

Fuselage extension....sponsons....radome.....oh, and definately go with the IFR probe ;)

I'd also think about adding some big ole lumps and bumps.  Satcom and the like ;)

Todd, for your AEW version, how about something like the R-99 uses, only slung underneath, with a longer/retractable undercarriage?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Looking good, Robert...but make sure you extend both sides of the fuselage !

:o

I had thought about that, Nevster, but this idea is so cool I'm gonna steal it. Unless Robert is going to send me the kit once it's finished.

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Trev - yes that's where it came from, I had picked up the Falcon kit as a second hand 'started' kit, all that was left on the sheet was the EP-3 parts but when I checked the bag I found enough parts to make two more radomes and there was also another dorsal canoe.  I've got these ear-marked for another project --- think about a redundant Trans Canada Air Ways Vanguard the RCAF got hold off and converted   :rolleyes: :wacko:

Nev - I was thinking about extra 'lumps & bumps' last night, do you have any pics I could use as reference ?  I am going to hang an air conditioner housing off the side, probably port side.  I've had this housing sitting in my spares box for ages which was something left over from the Hasegawa P-3 kit when I built it into a CP-140, I've no idea what it is but it has a rectangular opening at the front and then the boby progressively gets bigger to where the pylon is and then slims down again to the rear.  Anyway it looks just right to make into an air conditioner.

Cap - this will be a keeper when I'm done, it will go with my collection of Merlins and Cormorants (I think I've got five).   But go ahead and copy it, or make something like it, I've no problem with that.

Anyway now that I took the plunge and stretched the fuselage I'm going to go with a six blade main rotor and five blade tail rotor, I'll be making a drawing of it this weekend on the computer.  I'm also toying with the idea of giving it 'four' engines 'cause when I cut the donar kit' rotor pylon off so I could get to the other parts of the fuselage, I realised I had a extra pair of engine fairings...............

I'm wondering whether to give it the swinging tail connection though, what do you guys think?

Captain Canada

Five others ? Well, get the camera out, dammit !

:huh:

And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna copy your idea outright....but it'll be hard to leave the hobby shop with another 101 if that LCAC is still sitting on the shelf !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 25, 2008, 06:47:13 AM
Five others ? Well, get the camera out, dammit !

:huh:

And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna copy your idea outright....but it'll be hard to leave the hobby shop with another 101 if that LCAC is still sitting on the shelf !

Hold on! Hold on! I should re-phrase that, I've got about five in the stash ......  this kitbash will be the first one I build.  I know what you mean about trying to leave a LMS with only what you plan to get when you go in there  LOL.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Paying very close attention to this. Keep posting the pics........ or I'll get me mates around :dalek: :dalek: :dalek: :dalek:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)