EH-101 AEW Petrel

Started by kitnut617, January 23, 2008, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Whoa, stand back-----freakin' GENIUS at work!  How do you figure out all those complicated-looking fuselage stretch sections without going batty?

Man, I wish I could come over and have you explain this in person.  Very impressive.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitnut617

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 25, 2008, 03:53:41 PM
Whoa, stand back-----freakin' GENIUS at work!  How do you figure out all those complicated-looking fuselage stretch sections without going batty?

Man, I wish I could come over and have you explain this in person.  Very impressive.

I'm going to be in Nisku on Tuesday for a meeting with a client in the afternoon ... <_<
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 25, 2008, 04:35:56 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 25, 2008, 03:53:41 PM

I'm going to be in Nisku on Tuesday for a meeting with a client in the afternoon ... <_<

Only 50 minutes away from me: PM inbound....

Captain Canada

EP-3 ? EP-3 ? frak.....I was thinking E-2C !

Dammit !

I bought the HAS.2, dug out my MH Chinook, then dug thru box after box to find the bits to the Hawkeye....only to find it's waaaay to big !

Dammit !

Anybody got an EP-3 floating around ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

So I'm using a Cormorant and cannabalizing a Merlin, but I've hit a snag already,  looking at the sprues for both kits I start to see subtle differences which weren't apparent when I started to cut plastic.  I want to make a six blade rotor but I see that the Cormorant has totally different 'boots' over the blade to hub connection than what you find on a Merlin.  I've also found that the different Merlin kits have different link plates too.

Captain, I have a request, would you have either some spare boots, items 13C & 14C in kit No.1226 for the Cormorant or the link plates, also 13C & 14C but in kit No.1219 that the Merlin HAS.1 has, but these are different again to the links plates , items 30C & 31C, in kit No.1248 that the Merlin HMA.1 has.  I've got two other Merlin kits, the Revell HC.3 and another Italeri one which has the tiger scheme on it, but I can't find them at the moment.

Cheers.

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 25, 2008, 08:13:01 PM

Anybody got an EP-3 floating around ?

We could do a trade if you have what I need Cap, I've got a spare "EP-3" radome

kitnut617

I've continued on with changing the rotor hub to a six blade affair.  I started by doing a drawing in Cad of how I wanted it and then made a couple of prints, one to glue to a piece of card and the other to use for lining up the pieces as I glued it all back together.

Here is one of the paper templates and one where I had glued it to the card and how it was cut out.

kitnut617

Here I have started to cut out sections so I could use some of the original rotor hub.

kitnut617

AeroplaneDriver

Holy shrieking monkeys!  That's looking good!

With the long fuselage and the sponsons it's got me thinking about a CSAR machine bristling with miniguns.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

anthonyp

Whoa!  This is not only going to look good complete, but provide a good tutorial at building rotors assemblies from scratch  :lol:

Looking forward to seeing how this thing progresses.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Captain Canada

I'll dig thru the boxes Robert and see what I can dig up, but I'm pretty sure the boy never got far enough to actually do the rotors...so that's a good sign !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 27, 2008, 06:58:53 AM
I'll dig thru the boxes Robert and see what I can dig up, but I'm pretty sure the boy never got far enough to actually do the rotors...so that's a good sign !

Cheers Cap.

kitnut617

Quote from: anthonyp on January 27, 2008, 06:41:19 AM
Whoa!  This is not only going to look good complete, but provide a good tutorial at building rotors assemblies from scratch  :lol:

Looking forward to seeing how this thing progresses.

I don't think there's anything I could teach anyone on this forum about how to do things, it's more the other way around Anthony  :lol:

John Howling Mouse

My head hurts just looking at the work involved...