Tempest F Mk1

Started by deathjester, January 24, 2008, 01:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Allow me to introduce my own humble work.
 This aircraft was designed to use Tsr 2 tecnology, to make an interceptor/air superiority fighter...

dwomby

I love it.

can we have some more pics and some clues as to how it was made, pls?

David W.

Brian da Basher

That's really killer, deathjester! I love the sleek look of your Tempest! Welcome to the asylum!

Brian da Basher

deathjester

Well thank you both very much!
  She was fairly simple to build, I just started with an F-18 which donated its cockpit, wings & tail, and its missiles, then scratch built the fuselage from a mix of plastic card, greeblies, and most of the Blue Steel mount off of an Airfix Vulcan.  I thought she would look cool in RAF 1970's camo, and with twin Olympus 22R engines, think of the SPEED!!!!!!!!

deathjester

If you'd like to see some of my other finished projects, I've posted a few pics in the gallery.
  I was wondering, who else out there has made an aircraft based wholly, or partly non the TSR 2?  Wouldn't mind seeing some of them!
  Also, need some ideas for what to do with a 1:48th scale F-117A I have kicking around.  Was thinking of doing some sort of British built Stealth Bomber [maybe change the scale to 1:72], but I need some fresh input!

Rafael

Welcome to the madhouse, Deathjester!!!!

I love that Tempest!!! She simply looks stunning (anything with british 70s camo on looks terrific).

As for the concept, she's right in the place where she belongs.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

deathjester

;D ;D

You are very kind, thank you. Well, I shall post more tomorrow, but now my bed is calling me!

deathjester

And now I am back.  Any good ideas for that F-117?

Hobbes

Well, you could always do the proposed naval variant:
http://www.f-117a.com/Variants.html

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Sure looks alot different from a TSR.2 ! Great camo as well.....

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AeroplaneDriver

Very nice DJ!

Welcome aboard!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

deathjester

The naval variant looks nice.  But its just the 'only carries two bombs' thing.  Needs more shooty things....

kitbasher

Very sleek.  Looks like a mix of Tornado and F-18 to me.
And bum!!!  It kind of scuppers my plan for a fixed wing Tornado utilising TSR-type technology called 'Tempest' (cross kitting a Tornado and a Phantom - the bits are ready!
Ah well, back to the drawing board (OK beermat)  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

John Howling Mouse

Going to have to check them legal books....see if it's permissable to MARRY a plastic aircraft model that looks this good!  :wub:

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, that's a great concept there.  Yep, love the camo.  Kinda begs the question: how come I've never painted anything that way?  Keep 'em coming, eh?

-_-
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Rafael

I just saw the images in the Gallery. The internal weps bay is superb!!!

Quote from: deathjester on January 25, 2008, 08:45:10 AM
The naval variant looks nice.  But its just the 'only carries two bombs' thing.  Needs more shooty things....

Ok. remember that stealth fighters and attack planes are going with only the internal stores on the "first day of the war". After air dominance has been stablished, they will fly with external stores as needed. So a fully loaded, bomb truck, F-117N could be whiffingly possible.

Ummmm, I can imagine one of them black birds full of CBUs and LGBs under the wings!!! :wub: :wub:

Check this F-35 for inspiration:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER