Main Menu

FV-12 Whiff

Started by Ed S, January 24, 2008, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Here are some shots of my whiff FV-12.  This was a scratchbuild project using parts from an A-4 and F-4 along with lots of putty and sheet styrene.  I thought I'd paint it in the standard gull gray over white navy scheme.  Found some F-8 decals that fit and here it is.

Enjoy

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

cthulhu77

Well, that would certainly ruin a ship's day !

Hobbes

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Really like that, superb.....

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PanzerWulff

SWEEEEEETNESS!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Captain Canada

Wow....great job on that scratchbuild ! Any pics floating around of the construction phase ? She looks great in those colours, and I love the weapons load. Looks like there's plenty more room under the stubs and wings to really load the heck out of her....say for bombing missions over Vietnam ? But we'll leave that for the next one you build...... ;D

I do have to admit, tho, that in my opinion, that is one ugly aeroplane. Very cool, no doubt, but ugly. It doesn't even look like it would have the ability to fly !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ed S

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 25, 2008, 04:57:28 AM
Wow....great job on that scratchbuild ! Any pics floating around of the construction phase ? She looks great in those colours, and I love the weapons load. Looks like there's plenty more room under the stubs and wings to really load the heck of her....say for bombing missions over Vietnam ? But we'll leave that for the next one you build...... ;D

I do have to admit, tho, that in my opinion, that is one ugly aeroplane. Very cool, no doubt, but ugly. It doesn't even look like it would have the ability to fly !

No, sorry.  I built this originally back in the late 70's/early 80's and didn't think to photo it at the time.  It had gotten damaged in a move a few years ago, so last year, I took the peices and put it back together and gave it a new paint job and decals.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitnut617

Oh Yes!  :ph34r:  that is really good, I like that.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Archibald

Wait a minut, you mean this a scratchbuild ?  :ph34r:
I just say "Wooow" in this case! I thought it was an Anigrand kit.

Btw I've  scratchbuilded its competitor, the Gruman model 200, using a Mirage 2000 as basis.

Very well done!
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

AeroplaneDriver

Very nice Ed!

I've been reading 'American Secret Projects' lately and just can't get enough of US projects from the 60-70s right now.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Glenn Gilbertson

Fantastic scratchbuild,Ed - well done!

GTX

QuoteWow....great job on that scratchbuild !

Couldn't put it any better myself! 

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

Yowsa what an eye-popping design! Add those wonderful U.S. Navy high-viz markings and your masterful weathering and you've got a winner!!!

Brian da Basher

Maverick

Bloody awesome!  Can't believe it's a scratch!!

Eddie M.

Outstanding work! I really enjoy the over all look of this one. :mellow: :ph34r:
   Eddie
Look behind you!