Avro Vulcan

Started by Mossie, January 30, 2008, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

It'd fit on almost anything, it's only a smallish box that hangs under the extreme tail of the Vulcan. Saw off the Nimrod's MAD boom, or use the R1 tail and I'm sure it'd fit somewhere along the underside of the tail, to suit the taper.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Weaver

Apparently this "Super-Vulcan" or "Bomber-Atlantic" appears in the latest Grand Theft Auto game:

Posted on Twitter by Alastair McQueen (@brigandcent) here: https://twitter.com/brigandcent/status/953369805855379456
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

Is it my imagination, or does it have longer wings?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

The engine air intakes resembles those on the BAe Nimrod and the cockpit is bigger.

scooter

Quote from: McColm on February 24, 2018, 01:32:15 PM
The engine air intakes resembles those on the BAe Nimrod and the cockpit is bigger.

Looks like they grafted a B-17 cockpit structure on to it
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

They should have just stuck with the real thing, looks wise  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on February 24, 2018, 10:08:47 AM

Is it my imagination, or does it have longer wings?

What a silly question...................of COURSE it has longer wings!  :thumbsup: ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 24, 2018, 02:08:29 PM
They should have just stuck with the real thing, looks wise  :thumbsup:

Probably copyright issues.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

It's got some seriously over-scale rivets on the wings...

Those turrets would be horribly draggy: better to have to top one faired into the back of the cockpit bulge, Messerchmitt P.1099-style, fixed guns to cover the front arcs, a remote tail turret and a retractable ventral turret.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Whoever 'designed' it didn't look too closely at a real Vulcan's bomb doors either.

The doors on their 'Super Vulcan' are much draggier than the real thing, which effectively slide up inside the bomb bay while rotating to the open position.

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Cobra

That Super Vulcan looks Cool,but Someone Got a Bit Too Creative with the Design. IIRC, i thought i Read somewhere about a Proposed Variant of the Vulcan that Had a Turret Set up Similar. Can Anyone Verify that? Dan

zenrat

Surely either the ventral turret should be behind the bomb bay or it should have a tail gun.
Personally i'd go for a soviet style manned twin 20mm tail gun.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

1960s scheme for launching a French Diamante A space rocket from underneath a Vulcan:

Posted on Twitter by Stéphane Colombain here: https://twitter.com/S_C_Well/status/1264524160983760899?s=20

- Indiana Jones