Avro Vulcan

Started by Mossie, January 30, 2008, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gondor

I have remembered that I saw in a magazine somewhere, drawings amd detailing of the internal framework of a bomb bay for, I think, the Avro Vulcan. As I am intending to build an Indian Air Force Vulcan I thought it would be a good idea to add some detail to the bomb bay which is absent in the Airfix kit, in fact the whole bomb bay is missing in the kit!

Can anyone tell me which magazine the article is in or at least point me in the right direction as for the life of me I don't remember which magazine or if it was for the Vulcan and not the Victor!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Hobbes

Gondor

Quote from: Hobbes on October 09, 2010, 08:23:06 AM
A good start would be an image search

Did that with not much luck unfortunatly :(

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

thedarkmaster

Here you go

from the local Aeropark's Vulcan

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on October 10, 2010, 02:49:39 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on October 09, 2010, 08:23:06 AM
A good start would be an image search

Did that with not much luck unfortunatly :(

Gondor

Did you double click on the blue link ?  tons of stuff there and I've even found something that answers a question or two that I had for my up-coming Avro Atlantic build.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 10, 2010, 11:11:59 AM
Did you double click on the blue link ?  tons of stuff there and I've even found something that answers a question or two that I had for my up-coming Avro Atlantic build.

Oppps !!!!

You can take that as a NO. Did not realise you had posted a link as well as a suggestion.

Gondor

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on October 10, 2010, 01:27:22 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on October 10, 2010, 11:11:59 AM

Oppps !!!!

You can take that as a NO. Did not realise you had posted a link as well as a suggestion.

Gondor

Not me mate, thank Hobbes

Gondor

I found the article that I remembered, vaguely I admit. It was in Scale Models International, January 1988. The article is entitled "Handley Page's 'Blue Steel' Victor and starts on page 25 through to page29.

And there was I thinking I had seen a similar article on building the Vulcan Bomb Bay  :banghead:

Gondor

MAD

Quote from: thedarkmaster on October 10, 2010, 03:10:20 AM

Here you go

from the local Aeropark's Vulcan

Nice pic, which emphasises the intelligence of the Avro designers! Thanks

All I would like to see now is someone to photoshop an eight round SRAM or AGM-86 ALCM rotary launcher into the bomb bay and I would be as happy as a pig in s_ _ _ :wub:

M.A.D

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Maverick

Always thought the Aiguillon was a beautiful little bird, altho the Avro 707 was the subscale prototype for the Vulcan and therefore a true mini-me.

Regards,

Mav

pyro-manic

Wow, never seen that before. Beautiful indeed!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitnut617

Quote from: Maverick on February 05, 2011, 10:34:36 PM
Always thought the Aiguillon was a beautiful little bird, altho the Avro 707 was the subscale prototype for the Vulcan and therefore a true mini-me.

Regards,

Mav

S&M Models does one;

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SMK7204

pyro-manic

Argh, £45?? Too much for me... :(
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<