Started by Mossie, January 30, 2008, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 08, 2011, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on February 05, 2011, 09:42:36 PM
Mini-me Vulcan?  :mellow:

Dr. Frank Mitchell did a beautiful 1/32 scale scratch-build of the N.20:

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/n20fm_1.htm

That is truly gorgeous...never seen it before. Looks like a Vulcan gave a Cutlass a piggyback ;).

Captain Canada

Thanks for the tip on the book...definately going to look into it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

No probs, well worth it.  Full of diagrams of real and proposed stuff.  Six engine variants, supersonic schemes, different wing layouts, VTOL (both 707 and Vulcan), transport variants and my personal favourite, a MPA version with redesigned nose and Nimrod like pannier.  Much more too.

Found it on Amazon Canada:
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/180-4300684-3203362?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vulcan%20david%20fildes
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Nice book, would love a copy but utterly loathe to give a penny to tax dodgers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

I remember my Father telling me about XH535 which went down on 11 May 1964 near Chute, Wiltshire. He was driving back home to Tangley when the Vulcan flew over the top of him at low level and then crashed.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

pyro-manic

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 24, 2014, 12:49:24 PM
Nice book, would love a copy but utterly loathe to give a penny to tax dodgers.

Pretty much any company will dodge all the tax it can, though. I'd be more concerned about the dreadful way they treat their employees...

I saw XH558 fly for the first time at Yeovilton last summer - that will be a memory that sticks with me for a long time.  :o :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

I thought books were tax exempt.

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

RLBH

Quote from: Aircav on January 25, 2014, 02:51:41 AM
I thought books were tax exempt.
They're VAT, but the company still has to pay tax on its' profits. Amazon (along with a lot of other multinational companies) happens to have arranged its' corporate structure in such a way that its' UK operation makes no profit, and therefore pays no tax.

Mossie

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 24, 2014, 01:42:21 PM
I saw XH558 fly for the first time at Yeovilton last summer - that will be a memory that sticks with me for a long time.  :o :wub:

I saw her for the second time in the summer, the first time since it flew again.  Strange that a large chunk of aluminium can elicit so much emotion, Concorde came a close second when I saw her too.  I made a special effort to see her as it might have been XH558's last year and I'm going to attempt to see her every year until she can no longer fly.

Aircav

A friend of mine and his wife were at Scampton when three Vulcan's did a Squadron scramble, he said it was the only time he'd seen her excited.   ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

eatthis

Quote from: Aircav on January 26, 2014, 03:02:46 AM
A friend of mine and his wife were at Scampton when three Vulcan's did a Squadron scramble, he said it was the only time he'd seen her excited.   ;D

;D ;D
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

PR19_Kit

Mrs_PR19 and I were at Yeovilton one year and as it was BLISTERING hot she'd just bought an ice cream cone from a Mr. Whippy there. Unfortunately she was facing away from the flightline when Martin Whithers brought '558 in on a low and slow (and quiet.....) pass and then he pulled up her nose and opened the taps! The ground literally shook and the ice-cream cone dumped it's topping onto the ground leaving Mrs_PR19 not only shaken and stirred but ice-cream less as well!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

The movie of the squadron scramble they show on the telly in the bomb bay of the Hendon Vulcan is awesome  :bow: :bow:

Saw many a Vulcan back in the Biggin Hill days of the 60's
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GeorgeC

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2014, 06:03:22 AM
Mrs_PR19 and I were at Yeovilton one year and as it was BLISTERING hot she'd just bought an ice cream cone from a Mr. Whippy there. Unfortunately she was facing away from the flightline when Martin Whithers brought '558 in on a low and slow (and quiet.....) pass and then he pulled up her nose and opened the taps! The ground literally shook and the ice-cream cone dumped it's topping onto the ground leaving Mrs_PR19 not only shaken and stirred but ice-cream less as well!

Saved from a Mr Whippy.  God bless the mighty Vulcan...