F-16 and (Mitsubushi) F2

Started by Matt Wiser, August 15, 2004, 04:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddfoxx

As soon as I saw the "Falcon Family" I knew folks on here would appreciate it.  Joncarrfarrely, thanks for posting the cartoon- obviously the same idea was floating around a lot then (and probably now.)

dy031101

If there was a proposal for delta-winged F-16, at least there's no stopping anyone from what-if-ing a delta-winged F-CK-1, either.

Disclaimer: I did not make the pics; I was unable to identify who did, however.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

Playing with a concept...what if the F-16 adopted a similar STOVL solution to the F-35 (note the intake is now bifurcated so as to allow area for the lift fan):

Regards,

Greg

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PR19_Kit

That would need a seriously wide fuselage to get the main intake flow around the lift fan flow. The lift fan flow has to be large as it's got to lift half the weight of the aircraft to keep it balanced about the CG.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

That jet nozzle would be almost touching the ground!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

Quote from: pyro-manic on October 30, 2011, 03:36:24 PM
That jet nozzle would be almost touching the ground!

You don't know how long the landing gear is...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 11, 2010, 09:21:05 AMExport F-2's would be VERY welcome too  :wacko:

Ian

Just to drag this back to the top of the pile... I'm certain one (or more) of the AM outfits does the 'Super Viper' conformal tanks, however if anybody has a set from say, a 1:48 Kinetic or Hasegawa kit that they aren't going to use, I'd be happy to take them into protective custody.  ;)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

perttime

I decided to see what happens if I make an F-16 a bit smaller. Colors changed to protect the innocent.

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, I love that, and normally F-16s leave me cold.  :thumbsup:  ;D

Is it tail-less? There's hardly enough room for a tailplane there.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 09, 2012, 04:39:30 PM
Hehehe, I love that, and normally F-16s leave me cold.  :thumbsup:  ;D

Is it tail-less? There's hardly enough room for a tailplane there.
I think it has to be tailless or T-tail. Canard is also a possibility. I'd better find a top view to butcher  :mellow:

perttime

F-16XS

I think it has enough control surfaces in the tail, when the new wider air brakes can also be deflected like tailerons. Canard is a possibility. But where to put them? At the pilot's shoulder maybe.

The gun is on the other side on the XS models.

pyro-manic

Right forward by the pilot's feet, like the Typhoon? Or Flanker-style, right in front of the wings.