What if...not anymore

Started by Blacklion213, February 03, 2008, 05:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacklion213

check out www.alert5.com for conformation but the RAF is barrowing RC-135's from the USAF as a tempoary Nimrod replacement

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464

Shasper

Well this is certainly a surprise. . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Jennings

Sacred fecal matter!  That's amazing!  Hemp & LAG hogs!?!?  With pink & blue roundels!?!?!

On second thought...

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

B777LR

:wacko: So the 50 year old comet gets replaced by a 50 year old 707 :wacko:
RAF, Air Force of 50 year old designs! :wacko: (nearly including Sea Kings :ph34r:)

Radish

LOVE IT!!!

There's still time for the Stealth Camel!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

to be honnest, i would have nevver suspected this  :huh:
i thought they were gonna convert an tristar or VC10  :o
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Jennings

Quote from: B777LR on February 04, 2008, 09:04:42 AM
:wacko: So the 50 year old comet gets replaced by a 50 year old 707

When, oh when will they ever learn?  I teach and I teach and I teach until I'm blue in the face.  An xC-135 is *NOT* a 707!  It's a Boeing 717!!

:)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Glenn Gilbertson

We're doomed! Now say after me "the AMT kit is easy to build, the AMT kit is easy to build ......................"!

wagnersm

RAF, Air Force of 50 year old designs! :wacko: (nearly including Sea Kings :ph34r:)

I wonder what is the oldest aircraft model still in use by an airforce?  Actual use, not flying museum piece.

Steve

dragon

Quote from: wagnersm on February 04, 2008, 07:38:05 PM

I wonder what is the oldest aircraft model still in use by an airforce?  Actual use, not flying museum piece.

Steve

Check out some of the third world's air forces.  You would be shocked at what you can find.  As an aside, there is this small airline in Venezuela that still flies the DC-3...
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Blacklion213

i think there up until the 1990s F-51's could be found in some countrys air forces

Mossie

Quote from: dragon on February 04, 2008, 08:15:11 PM
Check out some of the third world's air forces.  You would be shocked at what you can find.  As an aside, there is this small airline in Venezuela that still flies the DC-3...

Air Atlantique show their DC-3's in the UK, but you can also book pleasure flights.  Also, one of them is contracted by Thales for Radar Calibration flights, that's a pseudo-military-ish-kind-of-thing???  I bet the USAF aren't far of operating the worlds oldest jets with the B-52's, although IIRC most of the airframes are realtively 'new'???  Dosen't someone still operate Canberras???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jetfixer

IIRC the last operator of the P51 was the Dominican republic. NASA still have a C47 in use, the S,A airforce still used the C47 too but they were converted to turboprop power. there are a couple of Hunters carrying current RAF serial numbers and are used by a civillian contractor.

Hope this helps.

Greg
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

Shasper

Strikemasters come to mind. . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Blacklion213

There are some A-4's still in services with the IDF/AF