Re: Spinners' Strike Fighters Thread

Started by SPINNERS, February 07, 2008, 02:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPINNERS

Panavia Tempest FG.4 - No.6 Squadron, Royal Air Force, 2018

This is the FA-27 from the Japanese Anime 'Yukikaze' dressed up as a Panavia follow-on project to the Tornado! I've shown this one before in Desert Pink and Spectrum markings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZstHPBJCV8

SPINNERS

English Electric Lightning Mk.50 - No.28 Squadron, 'First Supersonics', Indian Air Force, 1964

I was halfway down the road of doing a 'First Supersonics' Mirage IIIE but after making my nose decal I thought it would look better on the Lightning. Tomorrow I'll give NMF a go as well.

SPINNERS

English Electric Lightning Mk.50 - No.29 Squadron, 'The Scorpions', Indian Air Force, 1965

SPINNERS

English Electric Lightning Mk.50 - No.28 Squadron, 'First Supersonics', Indian Air Force, 1965

Oooooh, sorry IAF Scorpion fans but I like this one better! I've moved my arrow shaped decal to the fin (which needed something I felt) and added a generic lightning flash to the nose using the same shade of red as the arrow.

SPINNERS

BAC Lightning Mk.58 - No.8 Squadron, Indian Air Force, 1971

The stock Saudi silver skin from the Mk.53 and a homemade tail marking for the 'Eight Pursoots'.

SPINNERS

BAC Lightning Mk.58 - No.6 Squadron, Indian Air Force, 1971

This is a 'semi-fictional' skin created by James Fox who created it for the Saudi Lightning Mk.53 and I thought I'd give it a go on this 'Dragons' Mk.58

SPINNERS

BAC Lightning Mk.58 - No.29 Squadron, Indian Air Force, 1971

Errr, not brilliant but quick!!

;)

SPINNERS

Curtiss Kittyhawk V - No.112 Squadron, Desert Air Force, 1944

No input from me except for taking these shots of this inventive new 'what if' P-40S which comes with many skins including USAF Korea! The RAF sharkmouth scheme certainly grabbed my attention!

SPINNERS

Sukhoi Su-9 Fishpot - 22nd Squadron, Egyptian Air Force, 1973

I've shown an Egyptian 'Fishpot' before and thought I'd create a tiger stripe commemorative scheme - just playing around really.

SPINNERS

Gloster Meteor F.Mk58 - No.21 Squadron, Ilmavoimat, 1966

The mapping of the lovely Meteor F8 3D model doesn't really lend itself to my 'camo on a roll' (too many separate bitmaps and too many joints) but this Ilmavoimat Meteor F.Mk58 does look quite striking.

SPINNERS

Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer Mk.51 - No.8 Squadron, Indian Air Force, 1971

Another natural for IAF service IMHO! I've deliberately allowed Soviet and UK weapons to be carried by the Mk.51 but I'm a bit short on Soviet weapons so French AS30's are carried.

SPINNERS

Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer Mk.51 - No.8 Squadron, Indian Air Force, 1971

Note to self: Do more Buccaneers!

SPINNERS

Quote from: nighthunter on October 31, 2014, 09:21:12 AM
How about tiger stripe camo on a RAF No. 74 Sqn. Hawker Hunter?

Hawker Hunter FGA.9 - No.74 Squadron, RAF Fighter Command, 1964

I'm going to hold my hands up to a couple of little glitches here as I really should have used the Hunter F.6 and also used an earlier 'pre-Lightning' year like 1960.

SPINNERS

Sud-Aviation Vautour IIA - No.24 Squadron, 'The Hawks', Indian Air Force, 1965

I'm a big fan of the Vautour, it's a very handsome aircraft and 'Strike Fighters' has the Vautour IIA as a non-flyable 'AI' type (easily made flyable with about as much typing as this paragraph) and there's also a nice two-seat Vautour IIN by 'Veltro2K'. This is the stock Third Wire Vautour IIA with a quick camo skin and some basic IAF markings including a fictional nosebar decal with No.24 squadron's flying hawk flanked by some generic bars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._24_Squadron_IAF

SPINNERS

Sud-Aviation Vautour IIA - No.5 Squadron, 'Tuskers', Indian Air Force, Kasai Province, Congo, 1962

Whilst looking for suitable Indian serial numbers I kept seeing references to No.5 Squadron of the Indian Air Force being deployed to the Congo in the early 1960's and whose Canberra aircraft were emblazoned with 'ONU' (Opération des Nations Unies au Congo) just aft of the fuselage roundel so thought I'd try that on a silver Vautour.