Re: Spinners' Strike Fighters Thread

Started by SPINNERS, February 07, 2008, 02:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPINNERS

BAe-Saab JA38 Thunderstrike - F7, Flygvapnet, 1992

I'm not overlooking the fact that there was a real Saab 38 design (the B3LA trainer/light attack paper project) but there's very few gaps in the Saab aircraft designations so, er, I am overlooking it! I'm much more uncomfortable about the Thunderstrike name as it's just too similar to the Viggen's translated name of Thunderbolt. Over to you guys.

SPINNERS

Quote from: Cobra on March 25, 2015, 12:15:06 AM
The TSR.2 looks like it came from a Gerry Anderson Program!

Spectrum Industrial Group - Stratos FAB.1, Angel Squadron

From a time before cloudbase  ;D

Literally a 30-minute 'speed build' this is a Spectrum TSR.2 - known by that service as the Stratos FAB.1 (Fighter and Bomber).

SPINNERS

British Aerospace Thunderstrike S.2D - No.112 Squadron, RAF Middle East Command, 1977

This a lovely Desert skin with 112's classic sharkmouth created a couple of years ago by 'sundowner' (you'll see his name a lot over the next few days) to which I've simply added 'B' type national markings.

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike Mk.51 - Royal Canadian Air Force, 1971

With it being the 50th anniversary of the cancellation of the TSR.2 I'm still having a TSR.2 themed week and this was quite a quick one to create by using a superb RCAF skin by 'sundowner' with just a couple of stock CF-104 code numbers and applied to my 'ADV' version of the Thunderstrike (RAF version below). This just uses a standard TSR.2 with Sparrow/Skyflash missiles positioned by editable coordinates to appear as if they were semi-recessed.

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike S.1 (Pre-production prototype) - 1967

SPINNERS

British Aerospace Thunderstrike GR.7 - No.41 Squadron, RAF Strike Command, 2006

Not much input from me on this one which, perhaps, represents the ultimate TSR.2 with internal guns and Tornado style 'chins' plus Storm Shadow missiles.

SPINNERS

Sukhoi Su-23 'Fastfox' - Soviet Air Force, 1980

Just a quickie Soviet conversion!

SPINNERS

Fairchild-BAC A-11A Thunderstrike - 'Combat Lancer', Detachment 1, 428th Tactical Fighter Squadron, USAF, 1968

Another classic 'sundowner' skin with some Combat Lancer fin markings and serial numbers added by me. This'll be the third time I've used the A-11 designation after previously having done Buccaneer and Jaguar aircraft in US service! Licence production of the Thunderstrike by Fairchild makes a tiny bit of sense as it preserves the Republic 'Thunder' naming convention as did the A-10 Thunderbolt in real life.

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike S.1 - No.617 (Dambuster) Squadron, RAF Strike Command, 1969

In game, the WE-177A is quite messy...

SPINNERS

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike CF-109 - Royal Canadian Air Force, 1977

This is the first time I've used this type of RCAF lo-viz roundel and fin flash and this NATO green skin by 'sundowner' is an excellent canvas. At some point over the next week I'll do a RDAF version.

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike Mk.56 - 154° Gruppo "Diavoli Rossi", Aeronautica Militare, 1982

I have previously done AMI TSR.2's but not with wraparound camo - probably my favourite TSR.2 scheme.

SPINNERS

Fairchild-BAC Thunderstrike B-72A - Strategic Air Command, 1972

I've previously done a white USAF TSR.2 with V-Bomber style toned down starbars but have kept full colour starbars for this one whilst introducing some F-111 touches like the nose dielectric panels and fin shunt aerial. I really wanted SRAMs underwing but I just cannot get them to show. It's too late now but on the upper fuselage just behind the cockpits I'd also add the distinctive 'guide' markings of the flying-boom receptacle.

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike Mk.51 - Esk 726, Royal Danish Air Force, 1976

SPINNERS

BAC Thunderstrike Mk.50 - No.6 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force, 1971

Ripper!