Re: Spinners' Strike Fighters Thread

Started by SPINNERS, February 07, 2008, 02:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2023, 06:19:26 AMAnyone know what the blast radius of the Genie would be ? Something about this discussion has got me especially intrigued.

300m or 980 ft

PR19_Kit

Quite a big BANG then....................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2023, 11:15:57 AMQuite a big BANG then....................

Yea, but I thought it would be bigger

Thank you gents  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 27, 2023, 06:07:49 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2023, 11:15:57 AMQuite a big BANG then....................

Yea, but I thought it would be bigger

Thank you gents  :thumbsup:

Me, too. I expected it to be in the vicinity of a couple of kilometres/miles. Of course the EMP effect would cover a wider area.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

SPINNERS

Lockheed F-104H Starfighter - 186th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, Aerospace Defense Command, USAF, 1969

The 186th FIS are one of my 'go to' ADC squadrons but there are so many to choose from! At some point in the New Year I'm definitely going to do an ADC F-105 Thunderchief, probably sticking with the single-seater  :wub: 

scooter

Quote from: SPINNERS on December 27, 2023, 11:05:37 AMLockheed F-104H Starfighter - 186th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, Aerospace Defense Command, 1969

The 186th FIS are one of my 'go to' ADC squadrons but there are so many to choose from! At some point in the New Year I'm definitely going to do an ADC F-105 Thunderchief, probably sticking with the single-seater  :wub: 

5th FIS and their 106s would have fun with them for dissimilar air combat.

And would a 108th TFW (141 TFS) Thud be in the offering?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

SPINNERS

Lockheed F-104H Starfighter - 178th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, Aerospace Defense Command, USAF, 1972

My final ADC Starfighter for now and whilst looking at F-101 schemes I saw the Matchbox artwork for their F-101F, a kit I had but I can't remember building it although I still have the decal sheet including the 'Happy Hooligans' fin band.

Geoff

I love the ADC Starfighters.

I am thinking of using an F-104S as an upgraded, need to look in the decal collection version.

SPINNERS

I couldn't resist doing one more! Texas FTW!

Dizzyfugu

SPINNERS

North American A-5D Vigilante - No.6 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force, 1974

A short photoset to finish the year. This one dates from 2009 and the camo is a bit dodgy in colour and it's also totally symmetrical when viewed on plan! The 3D model (by 'Julhelm' - a member of this site btw) is of the RA-5C but I've removed the ventral 'canoe' which somehow enhances the hump-back look.

See you in 2024!

PR19_Kit

Oh YESSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssss, what's not to like about a camo'd Vigi?  :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

That looks really good, what missiles are they, as they must be big. :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

scooter

Quote from: chrisonord on December 31, 2023, 11:52:47 AMThat looks really good, what missiles are they, as they must be big. :thumbsup:
Martels, I think.  They don't have the Sea Eagle's turbojet intake.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

SPINNERS