P-47 SuperBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 08, 2008, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Flaws repaired.  Not perfect but acceptable.
And, Nev, I was up all night obsessing over wing cannon bulges!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Patrick H

looking cool,
and who cares about that little flaw. Just some stupid refueler bumped into the aircraft with the refuelingtruck  :rolleyes:

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Mossie

It's not a flaw.  That particular bird got a little close to it's quarry & took a minor whang from the resulting debris.  It was minor enough that nobody bothered to repair it for the rest of the war, in fact the pilot thought of it as a good luck charm!

Speaking seriously, this kind of thing really happens in wartime, time is often to tight to worry about minor damage.  This Turbinlite Havoc is a case in hand, IIRC it had a little fisticuffs with another aircraft on the ground, but that crease in the nose was never repaired until the bird was finally written off in a heavy landing.

I think you should keep it Baz, adds a bit of character!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Must agree JHMouse. I am obsessive about flaws in my models (see my latest posts) but if you look at pictures of real aircraft that have been flown in action they are beat all to crap. You can see dents and depessions in all the sheetmetal.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Looking at it from my perspective - about seven-and-half thousand miles, I'd say a realy colourful fuselage band or roundel of some description will make you forget about it almost completely  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

The cannon blisters were a fantastic idea, Nev.  They absolutely set this airframe off from the routine.
So, this update's for you, mate!   :thumbsup:

I haven't done the touch-ups yet but should look even better once painted to blend in with the existing silvers:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

jeff3385

way to go JHM... now your pair of jugs got nipps too. way good.
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

frank2056

Those last 4 pictures prove that you're doing all of this in CGI, right? Show us the real models, not some perfect CGI render!

I don't see any flaws...

sotoolslinger

JHM, you must stop, I can't type with drool all over my keyboard :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Wow....are those ever super-sexy ! One's gonna be RCAF, right ? Or both ?

Never mind the dent in the fuselage....it'll get covered by a roundel anyway !

:cheers: :drink: :party: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

These beauties look like they were poured and cast in molten silver! They seem absolutely flawless! The cannon blisters are a masterful touch! I don't know how you do it, Mr Howling Mouse, but you never fail to impress!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Rafael

OK, Baz.

This time I can't help but stare openmouthed at the screen.....

I believe this is how God wanted Jugs to look like.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

Quote from: Rafael on June 01, 2008, 10:08:16 AM
OK, Baz.

This time I can't help but stare openmouthed at the screen.....

I believe this is how God wanted Jugs to look like.

Rafa

Very well said. I'll bet the guys who flew them would have liked to have your version much more. :ph34r:
Don't worry about the beauty mark. It's function over form, just like these A-6s on the Midway.;)
    Eddie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scurrfy/US%20Navy/haildamage.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scurrfy/US%20Navy/Picture777.jpg
Look behind you!

Weaver

I know it's a terrible cliche, but those really do look like they're doing 450kts when they're standing still. Ihope you're going to fit re-fuelling probes, 'cos things like that should never have to slow down......  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones