Started by John Howling Mouse, February 08, 2008, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Looking good Baz!  Might pinch the tin foil masking technique, seems like a good way to quickly mask large areas.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hmmmm. s'alright, I s'pose  :rolleyes:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

noxioux

I have to say, the Superbolts are probably the coolest thing I've seen all year.  They're simply beautiful.  And also, so remarkably plausible that I can already see the rivet-counters at the show scratching their heads trying to figure out what the hell they're looking at.

The NMF is superb! :bow: :bow: :bow:

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: noxioux on June 28, 2008, 02:47:13 PM
I have to say, the Superbolts are probably the coolest thing I've seen all year.  They're simply beautiful.  And also, so remarkably plausible that I can already see the rivet-counters at the show scratching their heads trying to figure out what the hell they're looking at.

The NMF is superb! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Many, many thanks.  I can tell you this much: they look WAY better right now: NMF is done and decals are being applied. The transparent silver idea was just the right touch (luckily!).   But I'll post no more pics until completion ("Wait until you see the full effect with the himp, you know...."  Clouseau)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

kitnut617

Those are just plain wicked Barry!   :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rafi

Wow, great job!  :wub:

Rafi

John Howling Mouse

Hey, guess what?  Both SuperBolts are done, done, done!  But, first, here are some more tease pics.
You can't have a late 1940s airplane boasting about a new concept called "Air Superiority Fighter" without some sort of advanced (for its day) air-to-air rockets.

Parts.

Parts and fins.

More Parts.

Pretty rockets with "Republic" style tailfins and heavy-duty warheads up front.  I'll doubt you can see in the pics but each fin is nicely sharpened all the way around on both sides.  They have proximity sensors in the nose (if it hits a big, ol' nasty Soviet bomber or fighter, it's gone) as well as can be set with a timer to blow shrapnel all over at a pre-determined distance from the launch aircraft.

What are rockets without something attaching them to the airplane?

Rails (well, parts for rocket rails).

Finished rails.

They look pretty good on the finished model, too.  Heh, heh, heh.  Here's a little sample.

Brian da Basher

Wow Mr Howling Mouse, you never cease to impress with your endless talent! I don't know which is more amazing, the scratchbuilding skills or the patience necessary to build those very convincing rockets! Added to the wing cannons, your Superbolts are going to be the fiercest of hunters!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

kitnut617

Well religious excrement Barry !!!  that's the cat's rear end   :thumbsup: :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY those are sexy rockets. You need to cast those  :wub: :wub: I would buy a bunch :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

Hi Brian, I mean ... this is not fair ... you are a moderator ... this kind of perfection is not human ... you know, he coes from planet ten.

This NMF should be banned. :wacko: :blink:

knitting needles? something easier?

Oh I am going to cry :blink:
Will die without understanding this world.

Ed S

Most impressive, JHM.  Most impressive.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.