P-47 SuperBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 08, 2008, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

I don't believe it's possible to make a model look more real than these photos do  :bow:

This is so fanfrakkingtastik that it hurts to look away. I may be here for a while.  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

LemonJello

Anybody have the url for a good knitting website?  That is one gorgeous creation.  That finish is fantastic. 
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

kitnut617

Man !!!  I just love it  :o  What a fabulous effect, the mountain background with the grass coming up to the edge of the concrete is the best   :bow: :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Brian da Basher

Jaw-dropingly stunning, Mr Howling Mouse! Your Super-Bolt looks loaded for bear with those menacing rockets and I'm sure you could fool lots of "experts" with those incredibly realistic looking photos.

I think I'm going to take up mudpies now.

Outstanding work!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

Fantastic work Baz, lovely photos too! :ph34r:  I still think the long slim fuse a Japanese-ish look, a bit like the Ki-84.  Maybe the Superbolt was Republics response to the Frank entering service, to keep the edge?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Since the reason for the P-47's bloated dimensions was all the turbo-supercharger plumbing, perhaps this is a stripped-down lightweight version, in the spirit of the Bearcat, which dumps all the plumbing in favour of a bigger engine and a big, simple supercharger?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Barry, if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, please stop posting images of real aircraft and try to pass them off as your models.

This pic

the fuselage looks kinda Wyvernish from that angle
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sisko

Hot damn that is magnificent!!!!! :bow:

You truely are the most talented modeller around.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Sisko on July 20, 2008, 01:35:11 AM

Hot damn that is magnificent!!!!! :bow:

You truely are the most talented modeller around.

Many thanks but I honestly spend more than my share of time, gape-jawed, drooling over the styrene (and cardboard...and bread-clips) wonders made by others on this site!!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

I am left somewhat speechless. And even more astounded.  The bar has been risen once again. Fantastic doesn't quite cover it.    :cheers:

AeroplaneDriver

I cant think of an appropriate word, so I'll just gurgle softly.   :bow: :bow: :bow:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ian the Kiwi Herder

He is good, isn't he ! :bow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

Ah bollocks.

It's enough to drive me back to drink!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gary

Holy smokes! Baz, you are amazing!

So do you have to take a wheel barrow to model competitions to take all your awards away?
Getting back into modeling

NARSES2

Just catching up and I open this - I'm absolutely flabergasted  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.