P-47 SuperBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 08, 2008, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Lovely work.
Who needs telly!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Brian da Basher on February 10, 2008, 02:30:09 PM

I re-read Ian's wonderful suggestions and you only need two more cannons. Unless you're going for total overkill, which might not be a bad idea.

Brian da Basher

You are quite correct, BdaB.  And, if I was a reasonably sane person, that would be the case.  But the "hint, hint" above was a clue that ---you guessed it--- there are going to be TWO (2) of these suckers!   One for flying round the house with gear up; the other to sit on the display shelf with gear down.

Second one ready for cutting up:

I got smart this time around and resorted to my old "tape 'em down to cardboard" trick to make better cuts far more safely.  I get more control and my hands, which I'm kinda fond of, stay farther from the bandsaw blade.  Here are the resulting cuts---so clean, a couple of swipes on wet sandpaper and they'll be ready to glue up.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

And here's a taped mock-up of SuperBolt Number Two:

Time for a formation:

Brian da Basher

Yowsa that is a very clean cut Mr Howling Mouse! I'm glad to hear you're taking a lot of safety precautions.

Wow a formation of Superbolts! You always manage to take it to the next level!

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

It is very satisfying to see you work your majic. :ph34r:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Rafael

Impressive idea, Ratón Aullador!!! :lol:

This is going to be one of those builds.....

Waitaminute!!!  TWO builds!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Fantastic, I'm taking my seat to the first row!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

JHM, you sir are an inspiration! I love the tape it to carboard idea! I use my saw to cut lots of hard to hold parts and pieces, this is so obvious  :banghead:  DOH!

I really like the look of the staggered canons, who cares if it's accurate, if it looks cool do it!  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

gooberliberation

Not one but two chops?! You sir, are one brave mouse.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

B777LR

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 09, 2008, 06:28:21 PM
Oh, and I think I must be the only guy who didn't know that Jugs also flew off aircraft carrier(s) during WWII:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RRGYXMs9n1s&feature=related

OMFG! Never thought that awas possible...not even in my wildest dreams! Tell me im im having a bad dream! Jugs are TOOO heavy! :-P

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Ohhhh no, I just had an epiphanous moment...... What If, I buy an old Monogram P-47, send it to Mr. Shrieking Rodent, pay him to chop'n channel it for me, then send it back for me to paint.....

Yeah, I know, coat time, right !

Ian
Bazz, if you want some S.Vietnamese markings, I have a spare set of 1:48 Microscales that belong on an A-37, they'd be perfect !
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ysi_maniac

BOW BOW BOW
We need BOW smiley to post in JHM's threads
I want to see evolution .... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

BTW thinking in the same treatement to convert an EE Lightning in single engine
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Ian, Carlos: both excellent ideas!

Another combo shot, aft:

I scratchbuilt the cannons yesterday.  Took forever and they don't look too great.  Some are just okay, others are noticeably crooked.  I tried and tried to file the ends "square" but couldn't do it consistently.
Anh, it'll have to do!

noxioux

The SuperJugs look just right. :wub:

And I'm the other person who didn't know jugs flew off carriers.  I always assumed they were too large and . . . juggy.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just let me know, Mr Rodent and the decals will be on the way....... Think I'll send them anyways, then you'll have to do the AF-47K COINbolt ! :lol: Yep you can use that name, but I demand royalties..... 20% should do.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

Looking good Barry! like the 20mms  :wub:  are you going into production with those?  :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike