P-47 SuperBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 08, 2008, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

well you wouldn't need multi directional exhaust nozzles to point you in wierd directions if they were bent
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 16, 2008, 03:49:21 PM
well you wouldn't need multi directional exhaust nozzles to point you in wierd directions if they were bent

Like vectoring nozzles, circa 1940's?

Don't tempt me...   ;D
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitnut617

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 16, 2008, 03:51:25 PM
vectoring nozzles

That's what I meant to say,  had a bit of brain freeze  :rolleyes:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just remind me again Mr Shrieking Rodent..... just how many cannons per plane ????? :unsure:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 17, 2008, 01:22:11 PM
Just remind me again Mr Shrieking Rodent..... just how many cannons per plane ????? :unsure:

Ian

Four [good ones]!  And apparently, they'll look like this once installed (can't wait to hit the model with paint!).

I'll use the first eight on something else.  :mellow:

John Howling Mouse

Sorry it's not much of an update but I've had some cold/flu thing trying its best to imitate the Bubonic (SP?) Plague.

cthulhu77

Looks like the new digs are really bringing out your creative side!  Neat stuff.

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, I think you're right.  One truly bonehead move I made was in building the TWO complete prop modifications.  I forgot that one of them was to be an "in-flight" bird, after all, so best just to have a prop nose cone without any props in order to simulate the operational aircraft (can't see the props).

And, since the other nosecone was modified, this one also needs a spacer piece and extensive reshaping.  Would have been much easier if I had simply used a section from the end of an appropriate fueltank but who is into "easy"?

jeff3385

You ask:  Would have been much easier if I had simply used a section from the end of an appropriate fueltank but who is into "easy"?

Obviously not you, or Eddie, or Brian, or Matrixone or..... well, you know the names of all the usual suspects here better than me.

Point being, my friend, is if they took that "easy" path, these creations would probably never get born. Forget easy... we want you to suffer for your art. So short of cutting off an ear or something, all I can say is
GO FOR IT DUDE!!!  :banghead:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Great work, Man-Ho, inspirational as ever. Let me know when/if those decals arrive, please.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Brian da Basher

That's some really expert work modifying the cowling engine and props, Mr Howling Mouse! We are in the presence of greatness (or insanity).

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Quote from: jeff3385 on February 26, 2008, 11:32:55 AM
You ask:  Would have been much easier if I had simply used a section from the end of an appropriate fueltank but who is into "easy"?

Obviously not you, or Eddie, or Brian, or Matrixone or..... well, you know the names of all the usual suspects here better than me.

Point being, my friend, is if they took that "easy" path, these creations would probably never get born. Forget easy... we want you to suffer for your art. So short of cutting off an ear or something, all I can say is
GO FOR IT DUDE!!!  :banghead:

Nothing worth having is easy, right? Maybe someday you could install a webcam so we could watch as these wonderful creatures come to life! :ph34r:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on February 26, 2008, 05:34:23 PM

Maybe someday you could install a webcam so we could watch as these wonderful creatures come to life! :ph34r:
   Eddie

A webcam....why not?  Keeping in mind, of course, that I do all my modeling wearing nuthin' but an original TV series "Batman" mask.   :o

Ed S

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 26, 2008, 06:46:16 PM
Quote from: Eddie M. on February 26, 2008, 05:34:23 PM

Maybe someday you could install a webcam so we could watch as these wonderful creatures come to life! :ph34r:
   Eddie

A webcam....why not?  Keeping in mind, of course, that I do all my modeling wearing nuthin' but an original TV series "Batman" mask.   :o

I bet that real fun when you spill paint or glue on your lap...

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

BlackOps

Dear Man-Ho, If your going to keep that avatar I think your tag line should read "Building a Better Mousetrap!"   ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.