OV-10 Sea Bronco

Started by Ed S, February 08, 2008, 07:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: PanzerWulff on February 09, 2008, 08:44:25 PM
Didnt the "WaterWorld" action show at some theme park have A Bronc on floats??? It's all a bit fuzzy as it was quite a while ago that I saw it on a TV program

Yes!  We saw this in person and I do recall the Bronco on floats blew me away (it comes in on a suspended wire right over the audience during the big action finale).  Looked like it was made of some kind of foam, actually.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Rafael

Magnifico, Ed!!!

This is a very interesting and seldom depicted subject. I think that the floats-equipped OV-10 would have been a perfect plane for COIN and coastal surveillance/patrol.

A couple pics from the original LARA requirement development and project from Rockwell

Great model, Ed.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ed S

Quote from: Rafael on February 10, 2008, 06:36:54 PM
Magnifico, Ed!!!

This is a very interesting and seldom depicted subject. I think that the floats-equipped OV-10 would have been a perfect plane for COIN and coastal surveillance/patrol.

Great model, Ed.

Rafa

I hadn't seen those pictures before.  I did have a drawing but that photo of the mockup with floats would have been helpful.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.