Time to blow something up!

Started by gooberliberation, February 09, 2008, 03:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

This build is seriously cursed. I tried posting about it a moment ago and whiff.com ate my post, first because I tried attatching a .jpEg instead of a .jpg and again because i "already submitted" it. Having made this one, my previous attempt will finally make it onto the board... in triplicate.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I bought an Aoshmia Ki-100 hoping to make a Canada-invadin' floatplane. I then found out that the kit is complete and utter garbage with almost no redeeming value whatsoever, even in spare parts. I shall condemn the airplane to target practice once i salvage the cockpit and floats I made.

Mabye I'll make another IJA floatplane in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy it while it's still here!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

deathjester

Why not make it into a kamikaze?  Sticks of TNT in the cockpit, and a little bloke with a white headband!

gooberliberation

Quote from: deathjester on February 09, 2008, 03:40:08 AM
Why not make it into a kamikaze?  Sticks of TNT in the cockpit, and a little bloke with a white headband!

Haha yeah, the banana slug of a pilot that came with the kit would look quite dandy with a white headband :ph34r:
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Brian da Basher

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Goober. I think you've done pretty well and from what I see have a very salvageable project. Of course, this is coming from a guy who uses blisterpack to an unhealthy degree.

I've never built an Aoshima kit and was wondering if your experience is typical of the brand? Sometimes I see really cheap prices on kits and it'd be nice to know if this is a maker to avoid.

Thanks for sharing this with us and please update us on the Kamikaze version.

Brian da Basher

deathjester

Just had a really awful idea - how about a kamikaze group build!  During WW2 there were quite a few 'one-way ticket' ideas - on both sides!
Such as:  XP-79
              CAM ships
              Piloted V2'S

GTX

Quoteonce i salvage the cockpit and floats I made.

They are nice floats.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

gooberliberation

Quote from: GTX on February 09, 2008, 10:24:53 AM
Quoteonce i salvage the cockpit and floats I made.

They are nice floats.

Regards,

Greg

Well, the floats actually came off a kit. The cockpit on the other hand, is half Kfir, half Fw-190 :lol:

noxioux

Just take the whiff to the "next level", i.e. simulating the use of 16" naval guns in antiaircraft use.  A couple of rounds of 5.56mm will do nicely. . .

Blacklion213

lol if u hat u must post pics  :lol:

im about to do the same to my AT-4

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464