Gray Pride Parade

Started by gooberliberation, February 09, 2008, 04:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

David Hart (of the 1/144th SIG) once did a Spitfire 22 in low-viz greys, pink/blue roundels, etc., and it looked just amazing.

Sopwith Camel, SE5A, Hurricane IIc???

German Bf-109K, Me-262??

I've done an all grey Swedish Bf-109B, and even found the canopy!!!

What about an Aussie "Grey Nurse" Spitfire VIII???

And "GREY PRIDE" is inspired :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Blacklion213

Quote from: anthonyp on February 09, 2008, 09:20:27 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 09, 2008, 07:17:24 AM
...or a Gunship Gray F-105...
Ya know, I can't find it at the moment, but I've got a pic somewhere on my hard drive of a Gunship Grey F-105 Gate Guard.  It's got the same black stencil national insignia as F-15's.  Looked pretty cool to me!

EDIT:  FOUND IT!  Ok, so it isn't gunship grey (rather light ghost grey), but you get the right idea:

Thats at Langley AFB in VA

anybody got any good ideas for a F-106?

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464

Mossie

F-106 in aggressor colours?  The usual colourful suspects, Israel, Japan?  I think an F-106 in 60's RAF hi-viz era would look good, Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey over Light Aircraft Grey, full colour markings & spine/tail in Squadron colours?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on February 15, 2008, 07:19:32 AM
F-106 in aggressor colours?  The usual colourful suspects, Israel, Japan?  I think an F-106 in 60's RAF hi-viz era would look good, Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey over Light Aircraft Grey, full colour markings & spine/tail in Squadron colours?

PS, if you have an aversion to Grey/Gray aircraft would that make you Chromo-phobic.....????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Blacklion213

I think i have that lol

I have to many Aggressors as it is (A-6E, F-22, F-16, F/A-18E) and the Six isnt eaxclty a good plane for yank'in and bank'in.

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464

Ian the Kiwi Herder

One of the first models I posted here was a Norwegian AF Hunter in three tone grey (using the standard Hunter pattern) - tho' I say it m'self it looked really smart.

I LOVE this idea - I'll do one of each. No idea as to what yet, but I already had some very dark ideas about what to do with my Mitsubishi F-2B which involved exporting it to another nation in South East Asia..... we shall see !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 15, 2008, 11:50:30 AM
I LOVE this idea - I'll do one of each. No idea as to what yet, but I already had some very dark ideas about what to do with my Mitsubishi F-2B which involved exporting it to another nation in South East Asia..... we shall see !

Edepol......Ian, please tell me you're doing it Taiwanese in that gorgeous grey camo their Mirages 2000s wear???  :wub: :wub: :wub:

My heart is beating just thinking about it!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Two funky grey schemes:

I don't think grey has to be boring, two or more colours in a camo pattern can be quite groovy. :ph34r: I'm also quite partial to these new metalic greys on the Raptor.

gooberliberation

Another thing to consider is that usually, Grey color schemes are easier to do. :ph34r:
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Radish

Jennings did a profile of an F-106 in low-viz colours.

What about a low-viz Sopwith Camel or SE5A??

I could well be doing a low-viz F-86F :wacko:but anything is possible :rolleyes:

Mossie

Have a look on page one of this thread for the low-viz F-106 Rad.  A SE5a would look great in low-viz, how about a grey spit for the Spitfire GB?

Radish

For a "fifferent" grey Spit, you could base the model on a photo (black and white) having it in grey tints?
Certainly "easier" with say, Turkish or American markings, than RAF but quite interesting.

I haven't decided on the colour scheme/nationality of my Spitfire (1/72nd is a good idea, Wooksta) yet, but South Korea, China, Polish or Irish seem possibilities. But anything could change.

As for the Grey theme.....I've an SE5A already built and it'd look great, so I might do that one.
I've also an F4F Wildcat and F4U-4 Corsair (both 1/72nd) already sprayed grey. I'm tempted to give them both the weathering treatment and either USN or USMC markings in low-viz shades. I've lots of decals.
ooooohhhhhhh :wacko:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Already pawing the ground on this one......

Ian
exercising MASSIVE self control

Confuscious (maybe)

AeroplaneDriver

So long as the real world cooperates I'm leaning towards two builds for this one; an Academy F-16 in SEA camo and a either a Hase Hellcat in modern light ghost gray or an F-104 in the F-16 scheme. (Naturally, both are subject to many, many changes!)
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 19, 2008, 05:32:20 PM
I'm leaning towards two builds for this one; an Academy F-16 in SEA camo

Aren't the Venuzualan Vipers in SEA camo ?

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)