Gray Pride Parade

Started by gooberliberation, February 09, 2008, 04:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 19, 2008, 05:49:16 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 19, 2008, 05:32:20 PM
I'm leaning towards two builds for this one; an Academy F-16 in SEA camo

Aren't the Venuzualan Vipers in SEA camo ?

Ian

Kinda. Depending on the photo, it looks like theyve got a chocolatey gray/brown(mabye even olive) instead of dark green. They also seem to be more heavy on tan.

I did find this in a book though :ph34r:

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Daryl J.

Just so the pilot wouldn't be required to wear a 1" black leather collar with a D-ring, clamps, or a made in Portland PVC hood from Spartacus!   

Y'know, the Wright Flyer might look decent in the Hill Grey scheme although the insignia might have to be Will'n'Orv's bicycle shop logo....lo-viz of course.   :blink: :blink:

An Albatros D.V in full wheel pants might work for something like this too.  :party:

Could the Danes have had a Gunship Grey F-104?

I just can't quite put a Meteor T.7 into lo-viz however.   That Black/Orange scheme is just too cool to taint into whiffery.    :drink:

Daryl J.

Joe C-P

I thought this would be about ships when I saw the subject. It still can be.
Imagine a frigate or destroyer in such colors:

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 09, 2008, 07:17:24 AM...or a Gunship Gray F-105...
F-105 in the same grey/grey scheme that is used on the F-16.  Update it with a few bumps and bulges to represent the latest ESM/ECM antennas and maybe add a HARM targeting pod and LANTIRN to really make it look the part.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

GTX

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on April 04, 2008, 02:36:18 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 09, 2008, 07:17:24 AM...or a Gunship Gray F-105...
F-105 in the same grey/grey scheme that is used on the F-16.  Update it with a few bumps and bulges to represent the latest ESM/ECM antennas and maybe add a HARM targeting pod and LANTIRN to really make it look the part.

That would look great - I plan to do something similar, but somehow fit a PAVETACK pod/turret into the un-used weapons bay.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ysi_maniac

What if F-4 never took Air Defense role US sky?
I mean, between F-106 and F-16, a purpose Interceptor version of F-5, let's say F-5/79, powered by a J79 performed this role in 70s and early 80s. In fact, F-20 was offered to compete against F-16 and it performed quite well above all in quick reaction time IIRC.

I have made lots of measurements and I could take decals from a Fujimi F-4C/D that can be painted in Michigan ANG colours. Overall FS 36622.

My plan is to build this plane from an Airfix F-5E.

A Tiger II weights less than a half than a F-4, full or empty. So thrust/weight ratio would be better. Armed with 2 Sidewinders and 2 Sparrows would be kinda of a half Phantom.

So, what do you think?
IIRC FS 36622 is the undersides colour of SEA scheme, am I right? Is this really the colour of ANG's high visibility air superuiority gray?

BTW: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19346.0.html very interesting thread!

Thanks in advance.
Will die without understanding this world.

red arrow jag

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub:

Aussie747

This is a great GB idea!  How about a Luftwaffe F-4F in a lozenge scheme...come on who's game?
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: ysi_maniac on May 20, 2008, 11:57:26 AM
So, what do you think? IIRC FS 36622 Is this really the colour of ANG's high visibility air superuiority gray?
Thanks in advance.

Erm no..... ADC Grey is FS16473 depending upon the light you see it under it can be appear to be anything from  turquoise to (almost) a gull grey - When given a matt lacquer finish it becomes CoIn Grey (FS 36473) the colour quoted for O-1, O-2 & OV-10 FAC aircraft in the Seventies.

Ian

ps
I first met Dork the Kit Slayer in 1985, we started a discussion in the Pub that afternoon about ADC Grey..... we still haven't resolved it  :banghead:
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ed S

Quote from: Aussie747 on August 03, 2008, 11:27:31 PM
This is a great GB idea!  How about a Luftwaffe F-4F in a lozenge scheme...come on who's game?

Or a Typhoon painted in WWII Luftwaffe colors.  Here's one I built last year.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Aussie747

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

upnorth

That Typhoon is nice!

I was once thinking about doing a Tornado up in modern Luftwaffe markings over the WWI lozenge they put on the Zeppellin Stakken and Gotha bombers back then.

Just never built up the guts to try it.

Still, one day I will do up a Tornado in modern Italian markings over the old WWII smoke ring camo.

How about doing up a Dam Buster Lancaster in the current Raf Tornado GR.4 grey and make it really patchy just like the Tornados are right now. They look tatty as hell but don't look boring.

Conversely, do up a Tornado in the old RAF night bomber scheme, green and brown over black.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

gunfighter

An agressor F106 could make sense if you consider that Lybia, Lebanon, Egypt, Pakistan and several south american countries did fly delta winged fighters (Mirage derivatives, but why buy a squadron of mirages). The USN did operate some loaned Kfirs, so why not the delta daggers?