Just to let Airfix know how badly we want a TSR.2

Started by Supertom, November 25, 2003, 01:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteHmmm, special WI edition?
Comes with several probable markings, like RAF, RAAF, RCAF, USAF...Yeah, that would be niiiiceeee.....
I thought Mairfrog had it spot on with his fake box

1)  All white prototype

2) 617 Squadron RAF

3)  xxx squadron RAAF

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

big spender

I'll go for three but hows this for an idea airfix.
Trev recons a kit costs £1000 ish per part to tool up.
what if we all sponser a part and shove in a grand each with a return on the ten or so reissues the kit would have.
It's not exactly a pension plan but it does put our money where our mouths are.

Mairfrog

Note how the thread stops when serious mulah is mentioned!!! :o

Does anybody know any members of the English Electric SIG, or indeed the RAF SIG? Surely they would be interested in an injection moulded TSR 2.

lancer

QuoteDoes anybody know any members of the English Electric SIG, or indeed the RAF SIG? Surely they would be interested in an injection moulded TSR 2.

I'm also a member of the Classic British Jets SIG so I can ask the SIG leader if he wants to get the rest of the SIG on board.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Supertom

Wooksta, do you want to ask him instead?  I figure since you know him personally it might carry out a little easier.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Geoff_B

QuoteI visited my local (sort of) model shop today, and the assistant there said he had been to the Trade Fair yesterday, and had been asked at the Airfix stand what he thought of the idea of a TSR.2 kit. He told them he thought it would do well.

Just spotted this in the Airfix forum, sounds like Airfix are sounding out their traders at the London Toy Fair this week, hopefully it was generally a positive response and the project might get the all clear to proceed !!!!.

On the TSR-2 SIG note is there any news yet Wooksta or do we have to wait on the IPMS commitee to get back to you ?

Cheers

Thor   :D  :D  :D  B)