Cessna 172LR

Started by Eddie M., February 09, 2008, 07:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

OMG!

looks brilliant eddie.

have you got as far as thinking how it will be painted? for those long overwater legs, it needs to be bright
and perhaps sponsored like racing cars.

as for the five throttle levers, why not a small 'bulge' in the cockpit entry door?

top notch idea!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Tuck

If ever there was a candidate for a "PIRATE AIRCRAFT"...that, HANDS DOWN, would be the winner.  Nice Jolly Roger on the tail anyone?

:wacko: :wub:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Shasper

I hear Jack Sparrow calling. . . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

kitnut617

Very clever !  are the engines going to be something you'd find in the Home Built area, like some Jibarrus or Rotax? will the props have little twin blades?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

John Howling Mouse

Knowing Eddie, more like scratchbuilt, 8-bladed (each) contra-rotating props!   -_-
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

noxioux

Excellent!  An Alaskan guide's wettest dream.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 11, 2008, 07:00:04 PM
Knowing Eddie, more like scratchbuilt, 8-bladed (each) contra-rotating props!   -_-

Thanks guys! :ph34r:

Baz, now you did it! You put that thought in my head! ;) :D
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Ed S

Looking good.  What about tip tanks?  A couple of big honkers for all the gas that beast will use.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Eddie M.

Quote from: Ed S on February 12, 2008, 03:19:14 PM
Looking good.  What about tip tanks?  A couple of big honkers for all the gas that beast will use.

Ed

Good idea! I've got the drops from Elena's Corsair build. Had to buy another kit cuz "Daddy" lost the first canopy. Her 1st lesson about the Gemlins who steal model parts in the middle of the night. :rolleyes: ;D
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: Ed S on February 12, 2008, 03:19:14 PM

Ed

;D

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Ahem...I've been taking the meds for some time now but I must ask: Is it too late to convert it to a T-Tail?  Would give it just that little extra modern oomph.

After all, it's a clinically proven fact that T-Tails make any subject look 129% better.   :mellow:

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 18, 2008, 06:31:01 PM
Ahem...I've been taking the meds for some time now but I must ask: Is it too late to convert it to a T-Tail?  Would give it just that little extra modern oomph.

After all, it's a clinically proven fact that T-Tails make any subject look 129% better.   :mellow:

So let it be written, so let it be done.....
Look behind you!

gooberliberation

After all, it's a clinically proven fact that T-Tails make any subject look 129% better.   :mellow:

Well, since it'll probably have spats already... ;D
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

ysi_maniac

Super bttb
Wainting for the result... :wub: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on February 18, 2008, 06:36:06 PM

So let it be written, so let it be done.....

YeeeeEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!