B-21 Bomber "Mini-Fortress"

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 17, 2008, 05:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Haha...this frickin' thread rocks ! That is an awesome idea, Baz.....but sorry, I've found a Fortress even cooler than your mini.....it's the Hot Wheels 'Fast Fortress' ! Only $1.29 at your local Toys-r-Us.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Hmmmm....if this Airfix kit messes up as I suspect it will, I might just do that conversion in 1:72, Captain!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

B777LR

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 20, 2008, 05:11:02 PM
Hmmmm....if this Airfix kit messes up as I suspect it will, I might just do that conversion in 1:72, Captain!

Already thinking of dropping the B-17 kit, and converting a P-51 instead? :-P

K5054NZ

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 19, 2008, 10:24:43 PM
Haha...this frickin' thread rocks !

I hate to do this, but Moderators??? Or are we all grownups here? I hope so...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

K5054NZ

Sorry, got carried away. What an awesome little vehicle!  :lol: Reminds me of the DC-3 this Aussie dude used to drive around in.

Baz, persevere! If you can't redeem this kit, then we all know to seek another leader ;).

noxioux

No quitting yet!!!! When you've wasted about 5lbs of putty and 1,000 man-hours, and still don't have somthing, then maybe (just maybe), it's time to move on.  It doesn't look anything like "unredeemable" from here. . .

Go for the burn!

HOG

"Haha...this fecking thread rocks !"

"Or are we all grownups here? I hope so"

Maybe not what everybody would write, but surely in common enough usage worldwide to be ignored on here. Filmstars and tv personalites, even bloody glorified cooks can get away with it during an entire program. Everybody thinks it, some even say it, give it a few years and we`ll probably have an smiley for it.
regards Gary 

EDIT
Oh by the by Baz, nice.
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

SPINNERS

Quote from: K5054NZ on February 21, 2008, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on February 19, 2008, 10:24:43 PM
Haha...this f****** thread rocks !

I hate to do this, but Moderators??? Or are we all grownups here? I hope so...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Well, speaking as someone who started this wonderful hobby when I was about 12 then I do hope we remember that youngsters of a similar age might well be checking in and the parents of those kids might also be checking in. Indeed, a few of us have some of our kid's first what-if's on here.

For me, I don't think it's appropriate or necessary. Take the f-word out of the original sentence. In no way would it diminish the enthusiam that the writer is trying to convey and you use fewer keystrokes!

And, please, don't let anybody give me the "they hear worse at school" argument. We should set the standards!

Brian da Basher

Apologies for not P-G-ifying this stuff sooner.

I don't fecking beleive I missed it the first frickin' time around.
;)
Brian da Basher

P.S. As we do have some "junior" modellers checking in from time to time, and the children of some of our regular members, let's try to watch our language. Thank you.

Captain Canada

Uh, sorry guys.....to many pops and the old forum used to fecks that for me.

Those are the best pair o' excuses I can think of at the moment.

Now, back to Baz' cool little Fortress !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ed S

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 20, 2008, 05:11:02 PM

How could you do that to us?  I want to see it finished.  It's a great start.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Thanks, Rat!

I spent 9 1/2 hours working from home today. I guess it's a minor miracle I can type anything resembling english at this point.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Does this now mean that I have to go back to working on this gosh-durned piece of shaving cream?

Really?  This thing's trying to kill me.  Anyone ever try to put the fuselage halves together on this kit?
Were they kidding?  Some of the windows simply do not come close to fitting, either (like the angled gun-port windows up in the nose-----can't just use Krystal Kleer to make those ones!).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ed S

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 23, 2008, 07:17:28 AM
Does this now mean that I have to go back to working on this gosh-durned piece of shaving cream?

Really?  This thing's trying to kill me.  Anyone ever try to put the fuselage halves together on this kit?
Were they kidding?  Some of the windows simply do not come close to fitting, either (like the angled gun-port windows up in the nose-----can't just use Krystal Kleer to make those ones!).

Sounds like the best choice at this point might be to simply fit them in place, putty over them and paint them on.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.