Backfire !

Started by Captain Canada, February 18, 2008, 07:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Loving it!  The cool camo scheme really sets off the sleek lines. :wub:

BlackOps

Menacing? She's a little cutie pie if I ever saw one!  ;D  :wacko:  :lol:

Lookin' good Cap!

One thing though, I'm kinda confused, I haven't been able to spot where your going to build in the bottle opener yet!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

kitnut617

I really like this Todd, it's looking really good.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

Damm, that is one seriouely good looking bit of hardware!!! Smart going Toad man!!.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. I'm still plugginh away at it. The details are killing me....I'm trying to get everything sorted before I glue the major assemblies together. Tonite I will fashion the under fuselage flare dispensers, as well as adding the IFF to the nose. Then I should be able to glue the nose on......

I'm also struggling a bit with the weapons pylons. I have a pair of Shrikes on the one side, and a HARM on the other. But then there's just as much pylon left behind the missiles......I was thinking of adding a BOZ pod and the other (whatchamacallit) from a Tornado behind the missiles. It would be kinda nice to have more ECM stuff, but I think it might be overkill and kinda ruin the coolness of the pylons as they are.

Anyway, stay tuned later tonite for a few update piccies.

Cheers guys !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Here's about two beers worth of updates....to bad it's bedtime or I'd have a few more and get some more done !

Here's the IFF aerials I've added in front of the cockpit ( must have been reading the new Combat Aircraft article on F-16CJs or something......) as well as the flare dispensers. I just penciled in the details to show how it will look. The fore and aft pieces are actually the flare dispensers from the pylons of a 48th scale Phantom kit.

And the targeting canoe. I'm going to add an intake for cooling, them she'll be done. Of course it's not in focus, but the damn beer can behind it is. I really need to work on this photography thing !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

Lookin' good Cap!  I'm thinkin' this is gonna be way cool when finished.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

The Rat

Great looking paint job!

(Yer son do it fer ya?;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 18, 2008, 08:00:50 PM
Here's about two beers worth of updates....

"Two beers worth..."  Aw man, you are the besssssst, Todd!    And this is looking truly fine.    :drink:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

McGreig

Looking great so far  :thumbsup: - neat wrap around colour scheme and the additional details make a big difference.
Should be are impressive when it's finished  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Thanks again, guys.

In anticipation of getting her done, I took the beast outside to try a few things with the camera. Here's a low-rez and a high-rex shot in natural light.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Wow. Fantastic.  While you're experimenting, try setting your flash to default "ON" and see how that looks outside.  Learned this from Eddie M.  It tends to brighten the undershadows a bit.  Hoping top views are coming next....
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Looks killer, Toad! I really like the paint scheme and all those wicked weapons! Can we see an overhead shot too?

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Thanks for the tip, Baz ! I'll give 'er a whirl tomorrow.  AS for topside pics....be patient, Brian ! If I can stay sober long enough tonite, i should have her all but done for tomorrow. And to be honest, it won't be soon enough ! I've been dying to start something else, but this time, for real, I'm gonna finnish all my half starts.....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ed S

Looks good.  And that is one serious load of whup **s.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.