Main Menu

Backfire !

Started by Captain Canada, February 18, 2008, 07:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Stick with the rotary bay!

I'll try and find an in-progress pic of the rotary launcher I built for a 48 scale Bone a couple  years back.  It was probably the toughest, nastiest part of the build (including the PE stuff).  But once complete, it really set the model apart, I think.

My trick was to just build a basic cylinder, with some fiddly bits on the ends, and then the missiles kinda covered up the lack of detail underneath.  I'll find those pics, and post 'em ASAP.

Captain Canada

I hear what you're saying, Greg !

And seeing the pics of your home-made launcher would be cool....thanks !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 18, 2008, 07:26:18 AMIf you recall, my LHS messed up the price tag and I got this baby for only 26 bucks.

One Stop? Dave must be apoplectic and ready to microwave kittens.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

noxioux

Well, this WAS a long time ago. . .  So it's not as good as I remember.  But, it wasn't that complicated, either.  As I remember, I used the plain kit launcher (which had zero detail) for the full missile bay, and then used the second one to fake an empty launcher.

Not to hijack, but if anyone hasn't built something like this, here's how big the 48 scale Bone is.  The table it's on is just a hair over 3 feet square (a meter for you other fellas):

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: noxioux on February 22, 2008, 06:49:07 PM

Wow, talk about setting the bar high!  But you can do it, Todd!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

lenny100

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Captain Canada

Oh yeah ! That's a wicked bomb bay ! Thanks for the pics !

Here's the progress from tonites beer-drinking-HNIC-UFC-session.......

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

One more between rounds.....that congo is one bad mo-fo !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

What the h*ll ! :o

Ok, Brother Toad, now you got my attention.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

OK dude.....I'm looking forward to this baby....got a Chinese one planned for the year 2049...that's when I'm 100 and when I'll have time to build the fecker!! :ph34r:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Eddie M.

Sickly sweet! Outstanding work! :ph34r:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

That's funny, Todd.  With the beer in the background, I thought I was looking at another Spring Break Group Build entry...until I realized that you normally have some domestic beer in many of your progress build pics!   :lol:

Looking good already.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 02, 2008, 02:26:03 PM
...until I realized that you normally have some domestic beer in many of your progress build pics!

Actually he no longer drinks alcohol of any kind, having decided that green tea made with Perrier is much better for him. He's snacking differently too, and can usually be found noshing on spinach and tofu.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: The Rat on March 03, 2008, 12:55:37 PM
Actually he no longer drinks alcohol of any kind, having decided that green tea made with Perrier is much better for him. He's snacking differently too, and can usually be found noshing on spinach and tofu.

Say it ain't so  :o..... Brother Toad has become healthy ? - About as likely as Oprah becoming the next Pontif, I'd have thought  ;D

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)