lookin for floats in 1/72

Started by PanzerWulff, February 21, 2008, 11:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Does anyone know of any aftermarket companies that make seaplane floats in 1/72 I have an interesting idea that requires a pair of floats
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Tojo633

Hi

What is your Idea??

Suggest you contact TST2 Joe as he casts them up but you may have to cross his palm with silver, doubloons, or maybe a kit or 2.

Sandy

philp

got the Hasagawa He-51B that comes with a pair.
I am doing the land based version so you can have the floats if they are big enough.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jeffry Fontaine

IF you want to try and make your own floats, you can use the download file from Internet Modeler http://www.internetmodeler.com/references/index.html that is located on the reference page link http://www.internetmodeler.com/references/index.html.  The third link titled "Edo Model Wa 4665 Float Scale Drawings (1/72 & 1/48, 2 Pages, 63.9KB)" will allow you to download the Adobe file to your own computer.  The drawings contained within are for floats that were used on the Beech Staggerwing, Curtiss Hawk and others. The drawings include side and top views as well as cross sections.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Brian da Basher

Roll Models is a good U.S. distributor for Aeroclub products. I get spats from them all the time.

Brian da Basher

PanzerWulff

Quote from: Tojo633 on February 21, 2008, 12:22:50 PM
Hi
What is your Idea??
Sandy
I'm planning a 1/72 dehaviland Vampire on floats for an upcoming GB idea,complete with a multi shade Turquoise shallow water cammo  ;D ;D ;D
They might work phil how much would you want for them I don't have much in the way of trade items at the moment (esp as i'm in the middle of moving and most of my models are packed away lol)
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

philp

You pay the postage and their yours.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Tojo633

Panzer wulf

What group build is this for then???

Here is an attached Image of a Vampire floatplane from the Seattle model club 1949 Schneider Trophy race GB. Sorry about Quality its cropped from a bigger picture but I believe they were all on this site at some point.
Sandy