Tigershark . . . with a twist

Started by Shasper, February 24, 2008, 10:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Ok my first project for the Spring Break GB started life as my sole entry into ARCs Monogram GB, but I never got a chance to finish it in time. (See http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=119400)

Well yesterday I pulled it out of the closet, did a little prepwork & snapped a couple of pics:

The fillerwork on the fwd fuselage & the missile rails on the pylons are the only work I've done to date. Still to be added are the new fin-mounted ECM pod, Dragchute housing, Intakes. . . Oh yeah, and the new radome.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Shasper

Got the putty sanded down, re primed & the new radome mounted (after some re-cutting), Also I've got the exact A-4 bits I needed so my scratchbuilding load has been reduced.

- Bud S.

Shasper

Ok this one will not make it . . . again, but here she is at the moment:

Finally got the nose shaped down & the extra bits from a A-4 kit installed

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Wow, did you ever get that nose perfectly blended in!  Looking very sharp...in more ways than one.   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

And here she is today:

Got the idea for the camo from the RoCAF Ching Kuos. I figure I'll have it finished in another wkend or so.

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

gunfighter

Shasper, is that a poncho liner you use to cover your bed? Got mine too, it was a MUST piece of equipment in my old Spec Ops days  :rolleyes:

Shasper

Holy thread revival!

Ok so I dug this beaut out of the closet the other day & nearly hurled when I took a good look at the camo, so I reprimed & began repainting it after I found a good camo diagram on ARC. Hope to have a pic or two up later tonight (No homework + small college town nightlife = Modellin' time).

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

anthonyp

...sooooo, it this one finished?  And in what markings?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Shasper

We're getting VERY close now!
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

Needless to say, I'm a huge Tigershark fan. This one looks super sh*t hot! ( an old USN compliment ;) )
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

I have to admit, the Tigershark is quite a sleek and nice looking bird, Bud - I did one myself from the Hase F-20 for the Gray Pride Parade - Of course, I took the sledgehammer to her and refitted her with an RD-33 and some new trunking, but I do like the look of them.

Keep it up!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Shasper

Sierra Hotel indeed . . . Unfortunatly while I was in the process of moving this one from a safe holding area to my workbench the dern thing decides to take a testflight without my permission, a couple of seconds of fumbling with my hands saw the bird hit the carpet hard enough to twist the right wingtip rail & knock the radome clean off.

Fudrucker!

So now in the morning I'm going to be fixing the damage instead of other things!
- Bud S.

Sauragnmon

Ach mein gott - das ist scheisse!

Sucks she took a carpet dive on you, Bud - Maybe if you're lucky you can get her patched and back on track without too much pain or time in the mix.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Shasper

Well it didnt take too much time or effort to fix the damage, and I've started adding the last few fiddly bits . . . All thats left is arming & weathering the brute and we're in business!
- Bud S.

Sauragnmon

Nice, good to hear the situation didn't take too much work to rectify, Bud.

Keep up the good work!