HELP...HELP...HELP

Started by Radish, February 26, 2008, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Chaps,

I need some help, please.

Re: the markings on the Soviet "MiG-29s"...ie Israeli F-4Es...in Iron Eagle II.

I know the Soviet star looks to have been superimposed on white disces over the Israeli insignia, but were BORT numbers carried, and if so, where?

Thanks. :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Radish on February 26, 2008, 08:52:42 AM
Chaps,

I need some help, please.

Thanks. :wacko:

Well, you got the first part right   :wacko:  but I was hoping we were talking about your continued reluctance to learn how to operate any digital equipment.

Someone here (I'm guessing Shasper?) probably has the actual DVD at home but I found a link to a trailer from Iron Eagle II.  However, I would say this is some sort of Mirage-but not-Mirage model in this scene at exactly 1:12 (see screen capture below), a split second before it crashes....
so I either have the wrong trailer or it's not a scene showing the same "bad guys" you're thinking of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gur_nP9mIXU

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Radish

Yeah...an Iron Eagle movie for sure.
Those are Kfirs as the bad guys.

The Soviet "MiGs" shot down an F-16 early on, I think, but then became "allies" in a joint operation.
I used to have the video but it got trashed as most videos do.
I think I might get the dvd sometime....just good to watch with minimal noise (ie cutting out the dialogue), as the F-4, Kfir and F-16 deserve viewing anytime.

I once "cut" the film "Top Gun" to eradicate the crap....just aircraft still left the best part of an hour.

But it's Soviet F-4Es i want, babies....gonna wind up the F-4SIG :wacko:

John Howling Mouse

Aw, crap.  The whole time I thought you were looking for A-4's as the bad-guys.  I saw that the Ruskies had F-4's but they're NOT the "bad-guys" in this film.  You're right, they do buddy up with the Americans.  There's some footage of their F-4's on that trailer I linked.  Have a looksee...I see a red Hammer & Sickle on a white disc background but no bort number, at least on this one.

Radish

Shasper

Rad, Drop me a PM w/your email & I'll pull up some screenshots from IE2 for ya ;)

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Told you he'd have it. 

Shasper:
Did you ever pick up that French Top Gun-esque film that was featured on What If a couple years back?  Can't recall the name of it but there's all sorts of bits and pieces from it all over youtube.

Shasper

JHM, Yeah I know which one you're talking about (me n Ollie got into a sluggin' match over IM about which movie was better some yrs ago), but I havent found it around here.

Rad, Thought I'd share this with everyone, but my 2nd copy of IE2 isnt as sharp as the one that malfunctioned on me. However, you can make out what I think is a 3 or 4 digit "Bort" number in Hebrew above a air vent intake:

Wish I could offer a better explanation.

Shas b)
- Bud S.

Radish

That's terrific. Thanks.
I'll build one of these for the "500 Phantom Build" ready for Telford later in November. It'll certainly look unusual amidst the more normal F-4s, and it'll fit the criteria of being "real" as it'll be a film star! Brilliant.
Thanks again,

Terry

Shasper

Good show mate, if you need additional images for your project drop me a line & I'll send you what I've got (not the best quality but its better than nothing)

Shas 8)
- Bud S.