Accurate Armour

Started by General Zod, February 27, 2008, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Zod

From the Perth site-A 120mm TD that was based on the Centurion tank One prototype was made up

It's a conversion for the AFV Club Centurion

***cleaned up html***
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Accurate Armour have announced a conversion kit to do the Chieftain/Marksman vehicle.

Regards,

Mav

**cleaned up html***

Weaver

Quote from: Maverick on June 19, 2009, 05:39:54 PM
G'day Gang,

Accurate Armour have announced a conversion kit to do the Chieftain/Marksman vehicle.

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/accuratearmour.htm

Regards,

Mav

If I recall correctly, the only army to actually use those turrets is the Finns on a Russian chassis, so it's a bit unfortunate that the Chieftain upper hull is included in the conversion kit. I wonder if they plan to do another edition with a different tank hull, or maybe none?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

As the page states - this is to represent the trials vehicle.  If you want to do a production version (mounted IIRC on T-72 hulls) then you'll need to provide a different hull and correct it to the proper standard.  As the Marksman was intended to be a "drop-in" turret, one suspects all that would be required would be work on the turret ring and perhaps the stowage.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

TsrJoe

ooohh, the Marksman turret would be useful to model those used in Finland, ill see if i can dig out some piccies

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

NARSES2

And another one bites the dust :-

Quote" We have decided to close the doors of Accurate Armour Limited next year and I will then retire from model manufacturing and Rob will pursue a new career.The closing process has now started and we are in Phase-1.
All items marked in green on our website are available to order as usual, and many will continue to be made until production casting ends in a few weeks time.
There will be a lot more to say at later dates but today we are just getting the message out.
Thank you for reading and best wishes.
Derek Hansen." Un-quote
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

Well that is the end of an era. I have a lot of Accurate armour kits, and still want a few... oh well we shall see what happens

PR19_Kit

Hmm, their web doesn't seem to mention that, rather odd.

But if it's the case I better raid the piggy bank to get the 1/35 Stolly I've always wanted.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

the note is on the Blog section of the web site alas   :banghead:

and that just got expensive... fast.   
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Ah OK, thanks.  :thumbsup:

I'd have thought something that important would have been in a 'News' section. Still, what do I know about web based marketing?  :-\

As luck would have it, I found I've had a mini-windfall so the Stolly has already been ordered.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

That's a bummer. I was after a spare one of their NBC packs for a late mark Chieftain but the base kit is no longer listed on the site. As they no longer make the conversion kit does that make the odd part fair game to fall into some rubber?
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on August 24, 2024, 06:29:34 AM......... does that make the odd part fair game to fall into some rubber?

You can bet there'll be a rash of that activity once the word of their closure gets out!

By shares in rubber moulding and resin companies NOW.

Regards
Kit

kerick

Maybe someone will make them a deal and buy them out?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

chrisonord

It would be s massively missed oppertunity if nobody took the reigns , also surprised nobody has taken on PJ productions either.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Well, I did have a win on the Lottery yesterday, but I doubt that Eleven Pounds Odd will be enough to buy them.  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....