Микоян - Гуревич, МиГ-21 [Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21] NATO Reporting Name FISHBED

Started by MAD, March 01, 2008, 06:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Two things:

Not certain how new this info is - there's an 1:72 kit of the MiG-21 'analog' from Modelsvit available: actually two of them, one for each prototype. Kit looks decent? I might get one, making it a service aircraft.

And: there's a MiG-21 hidden in this picture...  ;D

1:72 Republic F-109C "Thunderdart"; BuNo 62-28502 of 121st Fighter Squadron, 113th Fighter Wing; (District of) Columbia Air National Guard; Andrews Army Air Field, summer 1972 (Whif/Kit-bashing) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Dizzyfugu

That's not far-fetched. Mikoyan used the swept-wing layout originally considered for the MiG-21 for heavier fighter designs like the I-75 - and this actually led to the X-20 cruise missile where these wings were used.
BTW, there's an Amodel kit of that missile, so a 1:1 transplant is feasible. Considered that stunt a while ago...  ;D

elmayerle

Odd thought, Helwan gets license-rights to build the MiG-21 and designs a prototype that uses much of the MiG-21 structure but the aerodynamics of the HA-300 (essentially a scaled-up HA-300 with variable intakes).  Sound plausible?  It would give a larger nose for a more capable radar.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

ysi_maniac

Toying with MiG  and Mirage

Mirage III tailfin can inprove anything ...

Just MiG bits ...

MiG-29 tailfin and canopy ...

Mirages with MiG-21 tailfins ...

NARSES2

Nice collection. In particular I like Mig 21 with the 29 tailfin and canopy  :thumbsup: The rear end has an English Electric Lightning look about it....sort of  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

TheChronicOne

Oh brother!  ;D   :thumbsup:

Very nice stuff in here! Impressive! I want to build quite a few things.  Actually getting to it, now, is another thing all together.  :rolleyes: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ysi_maniac