F-11 (F11F) Tiger

Started by Archibald, March 02, 2008, 01:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

That's because you're in Aussiestan & far away from any flak, me, it's right on my doorstep! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

James

The Tiger is a beauty but she's no Hunter.  :wub:

rickshaw

Quote from: Mossie on July 20, 2011, 06:54:17 AM
That's because you're in Aussiestan & far away from any flak, me, it's right on my doorstep! :lol:

Another one to add to the advantage column about living in Godszone.  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

I didn't realise you were from Yorkshire too..... :dalek: :dalek: :dalek: ;D

Quote from: James on July 20, 2011, 07:25:15 AM

See???  I'm already kopping for it!!!! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rallymodeller

Quote from: James on July 20, 2011, 07:25:15 AM

And the Hunter's no Sabre. So there you go.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rallymodeller on July 20, 2011, 04:16:57 PM
And the Hunter's no Sabre. So there you go.

True, it's quicker........  ;D

But this is a 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' area so perhaps we better agree to dis-agree.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KJ_Lesnick

Is it true that the F11F-2 would not just have had a J-79 like the F11F-1F, but a larger wing
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Mossie

The prototype did, however the drawings I posted have the standard late Tiger wing with the small LERX.  There's a handy comparison diagram on the inside back cover of the book that shows the original F11F prototype superimposed onto the F11F-1F.

I found this version on the net, it's small but you can make it out.  The Super Tiger is the black outline, the Tiger in white.  Note on the left is a drawing of a wingtip rail, no mention of this is made in the book so I don't know how serious it was.  The shape of the wing isn't obvious from this pic, there's a kink in the trailing edge & the LERX are slightly larger than the late Tiger.  If I have time I'll scan a larger copy (done).

Other changes are the nose, it's a standard long nose on the Super Tiger prototype although production models might have had a slightly fleshed out cone.  The tail is pretty much the same as late model Tigers, maybe slightly larger.  The cockpit windscreen/windshield is longer, in fact the Super Tiger prototypes simply put a the new one over the exisiting one so they had two windscreens.  The tailpipe is the most glaring change to accomodate the larger J79.  There's also the folding ventral fins I mentioned earlier, but these wouldn't have made it into production as they found to be uneccesary.

EDIT, larger scan added a promised! :thumbsup:

Mossie

Another scan from the Naval Fighters volume, two seat Super Tiger ZELL proposal.  The Super Tiger was pretty compact & could be launched from a standard truck trailer, that & a 70% stronger structure than USAF century series fighters leant itself to ZELL applications.

GTX

Nice!  That Launcher platform looks relatively easy to build too!  Do they mention anything about landing options?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

No, there's a just a small passage on the last page of the book.  There's a photo showing a standard Tiger on the back of a truck, although it's more for illustration purposes to it's small size as it was part of a parade.

thundereagle1997

F-11B/ F11F-1F Super Tiger with wingtip rails a bubble canopy 2 M39a2 cannons & 2 J-85-GE-21s please.
The same ideas for a supersonic gnat as well

thundereagle1997

The f-11b super tiger would've been a great idea if greedy Lockheed didn't get in the way of the infamous brides to local politicians in Europe & Japan

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

thundereagle1997

Sorry I meant bribes my friend I must've made a spelling error my most sincere apologies