Modellers Commandmants

Started by Mossie, March 04, 2008, 04:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Thou shalt speak in kind and encouraging tones to those of lesser experience and skills, especially the youth, to further their joy of thine greatest of hobbies. For the child that holds a plastic model kit is our future, and said child will follow a path less likely to lead him or her to wanton regret and dining with a plastic spork on a plastic tray while wearing LA County orange coveralls and being the bitch of a large angry man named Snake.
Getting back into modeling

Gary

Through the furry prowess of thine tabby, the Lord smites your dust coated Monogram Hustler in RAF Vulcan livery, thou shalt not use thy Lord's name in vain, nor toss the Lord's vengeful hand outside in the rain, even in the most gentle of manners. Thou shall however upon deciding that the model has served its life well, and had provided thee with a multitude of Wow's and Golly Gee's, shall look upon the shattered remnants and with gentle and loving care excise the engine pods, landing gear, belly pod, wing mounted Red Tip missiles, tail cone, nose cone, cockpit and all other detail bits that may find themselves at some later date adorning a LAHV (light armoured hovering vehicle) or attached to a NASA Shuttle to become a USSF (United States Space Force) heavy bomber. The Lord thus provideth not a reason to toss your slipper at Tibbles the cat, but doth provide thee with inspiration and materials for Wiff projects to come before thee.
Getting back into modeling

lancer

Quote from: Gary on March 05, 2008, 07:43:44 AM
Through the furry prowess of thine tabby, the Lord smites your dust coated Monogram Hustler in RAF Vulcan livery, thou shalt not use thy Lord's name in vain, nor toss the Lord's vengeful hand outside in the rain, even in the most gentle of manners. Thou shall however upon deciding that the model has served its life well, and had provided thee with a multitude of Wow's and Golly Gee's, shall look upon the shattered remnants and with gentle and loving care excise the engine pods, landing gear, belly pod, wing mounted Red Tip missiles, tail cone, nose cone, cockpit and all other detail bits that may find themselves at some later date adorning a LAHV (light armoured hovering vehicle) or attached to a NASA Shuttle to become a USSF (United States Space Force) heavy bomber. The Lord thus provideth not a reason to toss your slipper at Tibbles the cat, but doth provide thee with inspiration and materials for Wiff projects to come before thee.

Ah truely do the the Gods of modelling wor in mysterious ways
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PanzerWulff

Quote from: Gary on March 05, 2008, 07:43:44 AM
4 questions Gary???
1) What are you drinking
2) where did you get it
3) Is it legal
4) and lastly WHY AREN'T YOU SHAREING ;D ;D ;D
LOL jk loved it!!!
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Radish

Low and be old, thus shalt the mighty Vulcan be flown. A men.

Go forth and multiply. Thus shalt the loft insulation be gathered.

Hearken to the Voices inside you, for they speak the truth and give forth lunacy.

Discard nothing and may your spares box be ever fruitful. :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

B777LR

Quote from: cthulhu77 on March 04, 2008, 06:36:14 AM
Though shalt buy a large storage bin, and place into it all spare parts from every model, no matter how miniscule they may be.

Hear, hear!

PanzerWulff

Thou shalt not pack and move ALL thine kits from thy old home to thy new one before moving THYSELF lest ye be overcome by dreaded building frustration aplenty  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

noxioux

Thou shalt remember that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, works better with beer.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: noxioux on March 06, 2008, 05:57:37 PM
Thou shalt remember that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, works better with beer.

doesn't this one particularly apply to our canadian brethren?  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

P1127

Thou shalt find thy lost scalpel with the most painful part of thine finger, and verily it shalt always be pointing toward thou.

Thou scalpel shall always drop with the point in the downward direction.

Thou shalt never consider a kit 'unworthy' becast it has been begat by 'Airfix'
It's not an effing  jump jet.

gooberliberation

Go forth to thy hobby store with your woman. If she stays for five minutes and does not fall asleep or smite thee with nagging, cast her out, for women like that do not exist and she must be an illusion.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

GTX

Quote from: gooberliberation on March 08, 2008, 03:00:45 AM
Go forth to thy hobby store with your woman. If she stays for five minutes and does not fall asleep or smite thee with nagging, cast her out, for women like that do not exist and she must be an illusion.

What do you do with a woman who actually encourages you to buy kits?  I married her!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: GTX on March 08, 2008, 11:29:08 AM

What do you do with a woman who actually encourages you to buy kits?  I married her!

Regards,

Greg

As did I..... but I'm fairly certain we are talking 'bout different women  :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 08, 2008, 11:43:49 AM
Quote from: GTX on March 08, 2008, 11:29:08 AM

Regards,

Greg

And I thought I was the only lucky one ;D.

Regards,

Greg

As did I..... but I'm fairly certain we are talking 'bout different women  :wub:

Ian
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Allan

Thou shalt not wear rubber thongs in summer because that's the only seaon when you drop you modelling knife to the ground.
Thou shalt not place your fingertip over your airbrush and backflush it without first checking that it still has the needle protector on it.
Thou shalt lock all doors to your house, take the phone off the hook and banish all family members to the mall for many hours before commencing decalling.
Allan in Canberra