Modellers Commandmants

Started by Mossie, March 04, 2008, 04:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

Quote from: Allan on May 26, 2011, 07:18:44 PM
Thou shalt not wear rubber thongs in summer because that's the only seaon when you drop you modelling knife to the ground.

Allan in Canberra

had a scary mental picture there until i realised you are from Oz, since an Aussie thong is very different to a Euro thong  :lol: :lol: :lol:....thought we were entering the 'World of Radish' for a moment  ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Gondor

Thou shall buy many models that when assembled shall take up more space that you have for storage and they shall be of such length or width that they shall not even pass through the holy loft hatch to be stored with the holy stash or loft insulation

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Thou shalt continually buy many and varied add-on resin parts, even though hath no model for them to be mounted upon, for verily it shall be that unto those thus well endowed shall be bestowed the riches of Airfix, Revell, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Tamiya and Trumpeter.

(Other plastic kit manufacturers are available...)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

IanH

Quote from: Mossie on March 04, 2008, 04:03:50 AM
Thou shalt hunt for that elusive old knackered kit & pay through the nose for it, only to find Trumpeter/Revell/whoever are releasing one next week.
Thou shalt loose enough tiny items to the Carpet Monster to wonder why thou is not permanently stepping on plastic.

Bring em on!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Codicils to the above:
Or complete the Vacform/Scratchbuild/Conversion Thereof... :wacko:
On completion of said parts replacement by either your efforts or that of others, the Carpet Monster renders unto you said part... :angry:

Rheged

Quote from: GTX on March 08, 2008, 11:29:08 AM
Quote from: gooberliberation on March 08, 2008, 03:00:45 AM
Go forth to thy hobby store with your woman. If she stays for five minutes and does not fall asleep or smite thee with nagging, cast her out, for women like that do not exist and she must be an illusion.

What do you do with a woman who actually encourages you to buy kits?  I married her!

Regards,

Greg

There's more than one of them out there.....I've married  one of them too.........and am still married to the same one nearly 25 years later
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

GTX

Quote from: beowulf on May 27, 2011, 01:23:01 AM
Thou shalt not wear rubber thongs in summer because that's the only seaon when you drop you modelling knife to the ground.

Allan in Canberra

had a scary mental picture there until i realised you are from Oz, since an Aussie thong is very different to a Euro thong  :lol: :lol: :lol:....thought we were entering the 'World of Radish' for a moment  ;D

Yes, Allan, isn't quite the deviant that post may seem to some of you non-Australian types ;D
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Although I have a very supportive wife modelling wise, I would add the following:

Thou shall only do a complete stash review/count (including pulling all said stash out and spreading acrosss modelling room) ONLY when SWMBO is out of the country.

Regards,

Greg (who just did this)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Knightflyer

Definitely agree with the last one! Can remember the panic of packing kits away hurriedly and then attempting to appear very innocent when 'er indoors returns early from a day out!  :o

Also for the sake of us innocents ....what an aussie thong? (apart from the opening line of a dodgy joke!)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Knightflyer

Yes...I've just caught up having seen Greg's "you know you're Australian' post! :banghead:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

frank2056

Thou shalt not place your fingertip over your airbrush and backflush it without first checking that it still has the needle protector on it.

I see someone's been spying on me... I have an Iwata needle sized hole in my left index finger.

My wife encourages me to but more kits, that way her yarn stash doesn't look that much bigger than my model stash!

IanH

Quote from: frank2056 on May 27, 2011, 02:10:14 PM
Thou shalt not place your fingertip over your airbrush and backflush it without first checking that it still has the needle protector on it.

I see someone's been spying on me... I have an Iwata needle sized hole in my left index finger.

My wife encourages me to but more kits, that way her yarn stash doesn't look that much bigger than my model stash!
Amazing that - are you married to my wife's Twin?

Allan

thongs are those rubber footwear consisting of a rubber sole with two rubber extensions through which you pass the space between your big toe and the next one to it
that sounds just so horribly clinical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allan in Canberra

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Allan on May 28, 2011, 02:00:27 AM
thongs are those rubber footwear consisting of a rubber sole with two rubber extensions through which you pass the space between your big toe and the next one to it <...>

Given that an estimated 117% of your local wildlife is either poisonous or very poisonous, shouldn't a modelling knife in the foot be your least problem? :lol:

Ha! I bet the Australian Carpet Monster is somehow poisonous!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?