Saab-Hawker Siddeley

Started by bacofoil, March 09, 2008, 12:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacofoil

OK here we go,my first pic post on site!!!
Please comment,Good/bad or otherwise!!!
"What If" the RAF had chosen the Saab 105 instead of the Jet Provost T4/5 ?
It could have been built in the UK by Hawker Siddeley.
Kit is the Marivox 105 with mixed decals.Built during the weekend.
So what do you think ??

bacofoil

bacofoil

bacofoil

BlackOps

Ordinarily I would say black or silver might be less distracting for the canopy but since you have black and silver right up to the canopy I'd say blue is a good choice  ;D  Looks pretty cool to me :)   
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

SPINNERS

bacofoil

Thanks for views guys.I did consider a black canopy but it would have blended with the anti dazzle so blue it had to be.The kit was a pig,but Im quite pleased with the look.
Maybe I,ll put a few other pics of other things on and see what you think.

Brian da Basher

Welcome to What-If, bacofoil! That's quite an introduction! I really like the look of that blue canopy.

Brian da Basher

Jetfixer

OOOH, RAF trainers and Saab. two of my fave things. I bows to your inspration good sir, and agreed what an introduction.
Much good whiffery in you I see. Glad I am that you turned to the dark side.  ;D

Greg
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

Scooterman

John Howling Mouse

What do I think?

It's Swedish and it has a T-Tail.

Gentlemen, perfection has been achieved!   :wub:  :wub:

(You must be Canadian, bacofoil)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ed S

Quote from: bacofoil on March 09, 2008, 01:01:36 PM
Thanks for views guys.I did consider a black canopy but it would have blended with the anti dazzle so blue it had to be.The kit was a pig,but Im quite pleased with the look.
Maybe I,ll put a few other pics of other things on and see what you think.

Looks good. I've been working on one of these and I agree that it's a pig of a kit. Not an easy build.  Your's turned out pretty good.  I'm just about ready to start painting mine.  It will be a real a/c not a whiff.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

bacofoil

Thank you.
The 105 was so bad at one point it nearly hit the bin!!
But keep at it as it is an unusal type.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

kitbasher

Really nice - much punchier than the constant thrust, variable noise Jet Provost! ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter