operation magpie the first delivery

Started by lenny100, March 12, 2008, 10:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

well chaps i have made the first delivery of kits operation magpie has donated and we all have a very big thank you from all the staff here.
As there are very few photos of the inside of the new rec room i thought i would supply some

part of the room. The bords are from a local school and the residents are doing them up for the schools open days ;D All the art work has been done by residants. sorry but due to the nature of some of the people here i cannot take photos of residents doing kits etc. (security)

the other side of the room with the dvd players etc.

part of the stash soem did not make the table as they were quickly take up by some of the lads :mellow:

two the the kits done in a day

using some of the kits alredy here and a few from the stash this has been done in just two days. :banghead:

well more soon 
see you all at the scotland show were hopefully somebody from hollybush will be their on the saturday for us to hand over the rest of the stash.

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

van883

This is great. Thanks for letting us know.
Van

lancer

SERIOUS Kudos to the builders of thpse two kits, they are bloody amazing!! That diorama especially is awsome, some damm fine work gone into that!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

Agreed, the diorama is great! Beats my best efforts!

Who are the residents by the way?

Martin H

British ex service men who have had the miss fortune to suffer as a result of their time serving their country. (Lenny him self is ex Royal Marines).

Im glad the first delivery has been so well recived. :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Excellent stuff Lenny, thanks for posting!  :ph34r:

And who donated a Fujimi F-4K???  :o
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: nev on March 13, 2008, 01:55:41 AM

hang on a mo', nev its a hasegawa F-4K/M not a kit i liked at all but its a very early one. predates
even the matchbox kit iirc.

the facility for hobbies, arts and crafts at hollybush house looks excellent.

that diorama is really, really good! give that man a beer or too.

thanks for posting the details. looks obivious that hollybush are very grateful for the donations.

trevor

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Martin H

Quote from: nev on March 13, 2008, 01:55:41 AM

there are at least two Fujimi tooms in the next batch to head north LOL
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 13, 2008, 02:35:22 AM
hang on a mo', nev its a hasegawa F-4K/M not a kit i liked at all but its a very early one. predates
even the matchbox kit iirc.

Wow, you're right Trev!  Never knew that Hasegawa did one.  Just saw the Japanese writing and brain said "Fujimi"
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May