48th scale C-47 and DC-3 (Trumpeter, Monogram, Revell)

Started by Daryl J., March 12, 2008, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

Rather than publicly grouch about the price of the up and coming C-47A from Trumpeter, perhaps we could announce what we *won't* be doing to the kit.  "Not buying it" is excluded, of course.

I won't be cutting the wings just outboard the engines and folding them back Hellcat style, nor will a large, modified ECM blister from under a Skyraider AD-4 series find its way beneath that kit.   That means my white USMC lettering is available for some other project!   :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Daryl J.   

Jeffry Fontaine

For that price, Trumpeter and the distributor can both shove it where the sun creates shadows.  My Monogram kits are just fine for representing the C-47, DC-3, and Dakota and they were substantially cheaper!
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

jcf

... building an XCG-17,

wait on second thought, with the way Trump have hosed the cowlings maybe that's all I could build.  ;D ;D :wacko:

Jon

Captain Canada

I won't be building my long-planned Halloween special 'Count Dakula' with it.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rallymodeller

Won't be making a PT6 conversion, either two or three engined.

Won't be doing one up as an R4D-5/6L with skis and an extended nose.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

B777LR

I will not make a zwilling :wacko:

Nor will i add spats

upnorth

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

jcf

Quote from: upnorth on March 13, 2008, 01:43:11 AM
Won't be using it to convert it to a Lizunov Li-2

No conversion necessary according to some, as the kit evidently looks more like an Li-2 than a C-47/DC-3.  ;D

Jon

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

famvburg

ECM blister? I've always understood it was a radar pod.

Quote from: Daryl J. on March 12, 2008, 03:10:16 PM
Rather than publicly grouch about the price of the up and coming C-47A from Trumpeter, perhaps we could announce what we *won't* be doing to the kit.  "Not buying it" is excluded, of course.

I won't be cutting the wings just outboard the engines and folding them back Hellcat style, nor will a large, modified ECM blister from under a Skyraider AD-4 series find its way beneath that kit.   That means my white USMC lettering is available for some other project!   :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Daryl J.   

jcf

kitnut617

kitnut617

Just went to the post office and the latest issue of SAMI was in my slot, there's a couple of photos of the beast and even though it does look really impressive, especially the interior (which wouldn't be seen after it's built BTW) I can't see where the cost of $150 comes into it.

Edit:  I understand now all the chat in another thread about the Bolton show    ;D :wacko:

Brian da Basher

As $150 can exceed my entire modelling budget in a lean year and would make up 2/3 of it when I'm doing well, I won't be getting butchering one of these either.

Not to mention the problems I'd have finding space to display a 1/48 C-47 in my tiny cottage.

Brian da Basher

philp

I won't be making an AC-47 out of it.

Which if I go that way, will get the Monogram/Revell version.

There are plenty of large kits in my preferred scale of 1/72 that are just out of my price range.
Would love a Bear, Nimrod, IL-76, new B-24, etc but at the prices these kits go for, probably not going to happen.
Besides, I have 2 expensive kits on the radar that I would buy first.  The Gato and FM Millenium Falcon.  Then there are the resin Vipers, 302, and others.

Now Revells new Lanc for $35, that is a company that wants to sell models (and their Condor).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies