Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by JoeRugby, March 14, 2008, 08:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeRugby

Hey there !

I have just joined up and am not sure if this is where I post this, but what the heck...I have just completed my first "what-if" and really enjoyed it!  It was a kitbash of two Starfix "Zero" fighters some parts from the old Airfix Hs123 and a Huma Ar96 kit.  I can not post the completed pics yet but here is an in progress from some time ago....

I am also working on a kitbash/scratchbuild of the Lindberg Jolly Roger to represent a sixth rate Napoleonic Royal Navy frigate (al la HMS Surprise) known as the HMS Sharp.

Looking forward to your comments and critques...

ALL BLACK - ENOUGH SAID !!!

cthulhu77

Whew boy, he jumps in with spats!!!!

Welcome to the nuthouse, stay away from twiglets, and make sure your fridge is well stocked!

Supertom

Welcome to the "club."  Seeing as you have spats on your plane, your new best friend on this board will now be Brian Da Basher.  ;D
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

JoeRugby

Thanks guys!

Greg, you are one of the reasons why my mind wonders in client meetings to "what would a MiG19 and an F86 look like if they were morphed?"

I only hope I can keep up with the skills I have seen here!

Joe C-P

Quote from: JoeRugby on March 14, 2008, 09:12:25 AM
I only hope I can keep up with the skills I have seen here!

The best way to do that is to KEEP BUILDING!  ;D The more you build, the better you get.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Ed S

Looks good.   And with spats.  BdB will love it.

welcome

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitnut617

Hi JR, that's a nice clean build you've got there, what decals will go on it?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JoeRugby

I have finished it but am using work internet for now....so for the finishing I did it in Pittsburgh Steeler colors (or London Wasps) basically it is All Black with some wing stripes, I also dropped the flaps on it...not exactly exciting, but what the heck for my first I was pleased...

My next WIF will be the merging of an F86, a MiG19 and the plastic roll from an adding machine tape...

B777LR

Sweeeeet! Brian will love it! What will it look like when complete?

Brian da Basher

What a fine introduction! Welcome to What-IF, Mr Rugby! You may want to check out the recently completed I Love Spats! group build to see some of the spatted marvels other members have come up with.

I'm very impressed with this project you're working on and look forward to more updates! Those are some gorgeous spats!

You mentioned my hometown football team. Any chance you're from the Three Rivers area?

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Hey Joe!
  Glad to see you made it over here and with a grand entrance as well! Very nice work and looking forward to seeing more of your work. You're gonna love this place. Just remember, you must think in Canadian.;) :D
Look behind you!

The Rat

Joe if there's one thing we love around here besides beer, women, dirty jokes, more beer, cheese, uh, oh hell, a crapload of stuff, it's someone who knows how to make an introduction, and yours is superb!  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

Spats!  Spats!  Spats!  Yes, yes, I'm sure you've made Brian da Basher a very happy man but where is the prerequisite T-Tail, hmmmmm?

Welcome to the world of sublime styrene.  Do you happen to have any Twiglets?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

HOG

Greetings back atcha, from a nearly newbie to a newly nearbie.
And remember Whiffs is what makes the world go round, or so my grandad used to say after a few bottles of stout and some boiled eggs! ;D

Welcome to the online asylum
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Howard of Effingham

welcome joe, welcome!  ;D

that just looks so 1930's.  :wub:

do anything with spats and BdB will want to know about it.

trevor

Keeper of George the Cat.