Viggen FGR1 - One of my first.....

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, March 19, 2008, 02:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Think this was done in 2005 - one of my first posts here. Thought I'd take some new pics with the new camera.

Heller kit, Modeldecal decals, Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels. Tanks from a Heller Mirage III/V, Jamming pod from a Hasegawa Tornado. Not sure where the AIM-9's came from.

Thanks for looking..... Again !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

SPINNERS

Nice Viggen and, for me, that's classic RAF camo and not this boring grey stuff with one washed out roundel on the upper port wing.

Mossie

Ooh, ahh, that's nice! :ph34r: Wears the colours well.  The Skyshadow pod is a nice touch & those big torpedo tanks suit it well.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

very nice.  :thumbsup:

i think i recall this one first time around.

gives me an idea for the matchbox twinsticker viggen i have in the stash.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mike Wren

ysi_maniac

Viggen look cool in any colours. Pity it was not exported :banghead:

Good job really :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Maverick

Tasty Vig, Ian.

Looks good in tac cammies.  Always been a shame that the -37X never got any sales.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

Geez, warn me when you're going to pull something like this out.  That's really beautiful.  When you say it's the Heller kit, does that mean a reboxing of the 1:48 Ertl/Esci?  Or did the Heller actually come first?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Good to see one of your classics back in the light of day. Very sweet looking! :cheers:
        Eddie
Look behind you!

Ed S

Nice Viggen.  Once again, it becomes obvious that the Viggen looks good in any paint job.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitbasher

Really good.  Every now and again I've thought about doing an RAF Viggen, although it's always been as an alternative to the Lightning F.2As in Germany (in greys rather than natural metal or the NATO green top sides).  Never even contemplated a recce version but you've really got it right!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 19, 2008, 06:04:03 PM
Geez, warn me when you're going to pull something like this out.  That's really beautiful.  When you say it's the Heller kit, does that mean a reboxing of the 1:48 Ertl/Esci?  Or did the Heller actually come first?

It's 1:72, Barry, a Heller original, and for my money the best Viggen in any scale - single & two-seat options, tall & short tails, Radar and photo-recce nose all in the same box !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

There's NO way anyone can paint that well in 1:72.  You, Sir, must be pulling my leg!    :o
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Thanks forthe compliment Mr. Shrieking Rodent, from you that means a h*ll of a lot: Well I don't do too many 1:72, just a couple every now and then to keep my hand-in !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)