EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

Started by Radish, March 20, 2008, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Oh, and I thought the Excellent news was going to be that Radish finally had a camera and knew how to use it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Radish

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The kit has underwing pylons with fuel tanks moulded onto them.
full weapons bays though. :thumbsup:

There will be some excellent models built/painted, but for the unusual?

Certainly not RAF, but a Luftwaffe grey one would look nice, as would one from South Korea.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: philp on March 21, 2008, 11:18:44 AM
Actually, I am waiting on TwoBobs to get this Artic Viper decals released.  Want to do a 16 in that scheme, but since they have 22's up there also, am planning to do a Raptor in the same scheme (black, grey, white).

Hannants have that sheet in their new releases Philip http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=TB72071

Had a look at the kit yesterday - very nice, but not my cup of tea
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: Radish on March 20, 2008, 01:08:53 PM
The NEW Revell F-22A in 1/72nd is out :cheers: :party: :party: :party: :cheers:

This is exciting news???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Good man, Duncan!!

There's a strong possibility that the Imperial Roman Air Force will take delivery soon :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

B777LR

Quote from: Jennings on March 21, 2008, 10:12:12 AM
How about a diorama of Davis Monthan AFB boneyard circa 2068 with a Raptor stripped down, spraylatted, and up o blocks, minus engines, radome, canopy, etc?

:)

J

Now theres an idea! :wub:

John Howling Mouse

The intriguing thing with an airframe that is noted for its blah grey scheme is that it opens up the Whif field to other possibilities, just for the helluvit.  Black and gun metal F-22's....mmmmm....SEA camo F-22's....USAF Thunderbirds F-22's (remember that poster?)...NMF F-22's...Two-tone blue Ruskie-style F-22's...Cdn AETE scheme on an F-22.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 23, 2008, 05:40:35 PM
Black and gun metal F-22's....mmmmm....

"Yo Dude..... Pimp My Raptor  :ph34r:"...... Lo-profile chrome wheelz and those really, erm 'cool' blue lights underneath to light up the taxi-way as you cruuze to the threshhold.....

Luvvit

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Well, I had said kit in my hand on Saturday......then saw the price!!!!!

14 quid!!!!  :o

Who do Revell think they are, Hasegawa?  :angry:

Ah well, looks like Japan doesn't need to replace their F-4s as badly as I thought ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

gunfighter

Hurry up Radish, the egyptians are getting their Su-35MEM soon, and donĀ“t forget the barbarianĀ“s Firkins...

Howard of Effingham

hmm, i have the RoG boxing of the italeri F-22 in the stash and i'll admit that its hard to get really excited about it.

:rolleyes: the chap who sold it me istr is a member of the what-if SIG, btw.  :rolleyes:

maybe ANG markings. B777 if it went to zimbabwe they'd only be able to afford a model the state that country's
finances are supposed to be in.

oh! duncan i agree. the F-23 was a much nicer airplane!  :wub:
Keeper of George the Cat.

B777LR

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 26, 2008, 07:10:39 AM
B777 if it went to zimbabwe they'd only be able to afford a model the state that country's
finances are supposed to be in.

Awww, it would "just" cost them 4,124,725,000,000.00 Zimbabwe Dollars...

On the otherhand, the Revell kit would cost them "only" 838,648.51 Zimbabwe Dollars at Hannants (not including shipment).
Alternatives would be:
the italeri kit: 538,979.42 ZWD
The mini hobby models kit: 836,274.06 ZWD

;D

Sadly the Zimbabwean AF wont get the Revell kit this year, Mr Mugabe has just bought a thirdhand Ford Mondeo to replace the Ford T...

noxioux

We should do a "Pimp My Raptor" GB, based on this kit.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: noxioux on March 26, 2008, 06:00:23 PM

would a cross post to ARC if we did be too upseting for them?  :wacko:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 24, 2008, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 23, 2008, 05:40:35 PM
Black and gun metal F-22's....mmmmm....

"Yo Dude..... Pimp My Raptor  :ph34r
Ian

Posted by: noxioux 
Insert Quote

Hey !!! -No you don't, not without ageeing my royalty percentage and sorting-out the ownership of the intellectual copyright. Any more from you, young man, and I'm off to see my lawyers and a local arms dealer !

Hmphhhh :angry:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)