Bird of Prey

Started by cthulhu77, March 21, 2008, 06:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Starting off with a base of aluminium and some colour:

Eddie M.

Looks pretty good! Can she stay cloaked while firing? ;)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Already looking way better than mine!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

You're off to a great start, Grerg! I really like your work on the metal colors, especially those two (engine?) parts up top in the shot.

Brian da Basher

B777LR

Looking great!

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 21, 2008, 10:35:10 AM
Already looking way better than mine!

Now we`re on the subject, we need photos of yours too!

frank2056

It looks great! The radiators look fantastic! What paint did you use for the metallic colors?

The Star Trek JMN (they exist!) will blow a gasket when they see this...

cthulhu77

Thanks all, but the paint is extremely simple !  Krylon aluminium spray, let it dry. Wash with Minwax wood stain "dark walnut" and buff dry. seal with clear acrylic.

I've started applying the rust colours:

cthulhu77

Third coat of clear green:

Brian da Basher

That coat of green would make Mr Spock jealous Greg! It really pulls this build together for me. Well done!

Make it so, Lt. Cthulhu!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

"Number One, I order you to do a number 2"

-Butthead

cthulhu77

Ed S

Great job on the finish.  Those various layers of slightly transparent color really give it a good look.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa I'd hate to see this one swooping down on me at warp 11! (Yes, the Klingons can go all the way to 11...for when they need that extra push past 10.)

Kang is drooling now!

Brian da Basher

AeroplaneDriver

Greg,

Watching one of your builds go together always makes me feel like Cro-Magnon Modeler.  You really are on a different level. 

Very inspiring to see what a real craftsman can do with a kit!!!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

lancer

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 22, 2008, 08:48:25 AM
Greg,

Watching one of your builds go together always makes me feel like Cro-Magnon Modeler.  You really are on a different level. 

I get that feeling almost every time any of you lot post a new build on here... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die