He 100H-1 WIP pics

Started by matrixone, March 21, 2008, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

You just might turn me around on T tails. More pictures  please and no excuses about short weekends. If you can't  find the time to build models you'll simply have to either have to work less or sleep less. ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

Here are some in-progress pics from earlier today.

Wooksta,
As you can see in these pics I have added a fin fillet and widened the rudder chord slightly.
The color scheme of overall 76 would be the correct choice for this planes purpose but I want to go for the three gray camouflage pattern simply because its more fun to paint. -_-

Here is a couple pics of my other projects I am also working on, a Revell 1/48 scale Bf 109G-10 and the cockpits of the DML Fw 190D-12, Amtech Ta 183, and Hasegawa Fw 190A-8. I have been very busy with these models the past weekend.

Matrixone

matrixone

Wooksta,

Thanks for the ideas on the engine change but if I were to go that far with making changes little would be left of the original He 100! ;D

This plane will have a radiator under the fuselage sort of like the Macchi 202/205 and Ki-61 had.

Today the wings will get glued on and I might have pics to post later today. Right now I am trying to come up with some drop tanks to use.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

I'm watching this one with great interest, Matrixone! I really like your addition of the fin fillet, oil cooler and longer wings. I think a belly radiator is the way to go. Much easier to service and better for mass-production.

I also enjoyed your bonus shots of those cockpits! While I don't enjoy detailing myself, I always enjoy seeing the efforts of a skilled craftsman like yourself.

Eagerly awaiting more,
Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Nice to see the cockpits, Matrixone.  Confirms my prior suspicion that your interiors are the same degree of quality as the finished exteriors. 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Thanks Brian and JHM!

I don't worry too much about detailing the cockpits on my models, but I will take the time to paint whatever detail the kit parts provide...no resin cockpits for me!

The wings are glued on now but the fit ended up far worse than I had planned on, I have some putty work in my future!
Pics will be posted on Friday.

Matrixone

matrixone

I had a bit of a set back with He 100, after checking the fit of the wings to the fuselage I found it was all wrong and too far off to patch up with putty so I had to rip the wings off and start over. A little more carving plastic off a few areas seemed to fix the problem and the wings have been glued back on, not sure if it will dry in time to take any in-progress pics of it today.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: matrixone on April 04, 2008, 09:41:42 AM
I had a bit of a set back with He 100, after checking the fit of the wings to the fuselage I found it was all wrong and too far off to patch up with putty so I had to rip the wings off and start over. A little more carving plastic off a few areas seemed to fix the problem and the wings have been glued back on, not sure if it will dry in time to take any in-progress pics of it today.

Matrixone

You know, it's in-progress pics of those kinds of steps to resolve mishaps or kit shortcomings that are really educational to the rest of us.  If you can ever take the time to record such steps, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would greatly appreciate it.  :thumbsup:   To me, that's where the "hobby" becomes the genuine "craft" of an artisan.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

HOG

Quote from: sotoolslinger on April 01, 2008, 08:37:41 PMMore pictures  please and no excuses about short weekends. If you can't  find the time to build models you'll simply have to either have to work less or sleep less. ;D

Old guard beware, we have a rebel among us ;D ;D ;D
"Modellers make it by sticking together"

hey I just invented a new bumper sticker

:drink:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

matrixone

JHM,
I would have taken a picture of the mess if it would have been daylight, I decided to fix the problem before sun-up this morning....taking any pics of then would not have worked.
Before it gets dark today I will get at least one pic, the wing has not quite fully dried yet and I don't want to move it for a little while.

Matrixone

matrixone

Here are two more W.I.P. pics of the He 100H-1, as you can see the wings are on and this time on for good, a lot of putty work is in my future. :o

Matrixone

sotoolslinger

Cool ,Max what kit are those wings from?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

Thanks sotoolslinger,

The wings are from the very, very, old Revell Ta 152 kit. I am not sure what to do with the fuselage yet, but I might chop off the tail and use it to make another Ta 152 tailed Fw 109A-8 or F-8.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: nev on March 29, 2008, 10:59:27 AM
Am I the only one who gets excited every time there's a new M1 thread?

NO, defilnitely no !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Well I for one am always keen to see any M1 thread.

They are always worth it. Just like this one! :cheers:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!