He 100H-1 WIP pics

Started by matrixone, March 21, 2008, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Thanks Ian and Sisko,

Nothing new with this project for a few days except PSR, PSR, and more PSR!

After I blend in the wings into the fuselage I will add the radiator. Pics sometime next weekend.

Matrixone

sotoolslinger

Join the cl... oh yeah, your already in. ;D :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

Most of the hard work is over now and the model is starting to take shape, there is still some sanding left to do on it but not too much so by next weekend I will get some paint put on it.
Not seen in these pics are the drop tanks.

Here is some of my other new projects...

A Bf 109G-10, this one will be real world but notice the three Fw 190D-12s in the background, they will ALL be whiffed. Not pictured are the other Focke-Wulfs I have started the past two weeks.

It will be a busy year at the MatrixoneWerks!!! ;D

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

You've captured the look of a high-altitude fighter perfectly, Matrixone! I think the T-tail definitely adds to it and makes it look like it could reach the moon!

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more.

:thumbsup:

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks Brian,

This thing almost looks like a modern day soaring glider, almost a shame to add the prop and the drop tanks.

If things go right I might start painting this model by next weekend so the next update will be more interesting. -_-

Matrixone

matrixone

Some pre-shading was done, the real painting begins in a day or two.

He 100H-1

Bf 109G-10

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Your paintwork makes everything blend together nicely, Matrixone! You'd never guess there are mods and parts on those that don't really belong! The pros always make it look soooo easy.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks again Brian,

I painted over the pre-shading to blend it in, it can barely be seen on the He 100...which is just about right for this model because it is in a smaller scale and I don't want the pre-shading to be noticed very much on the finished model.

The 109 has more of the pre-shading still showing because it will get more weathering later on and even though it looks bad now after the weathering and flat coat are added the pre-shading will look much different and will not stand out as much.

Matrixone

sotoolslinger

Man I really missed this site.  :wub: Matrixone that is supremly cool. :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

Thanks sotoolslinger!

I will start painting the other camouflage colors Friday, so the next update will have a little more to look at.

Just finished spraying the spinner spiral and wheel hubs.

Matrixone

BlackOps

Matrix, It's always a treat to watch your builds unfold, it always amazes me the results you get!  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

matrixone

Thank you Jeff!

I will try and get some new pics posted later today.

Matrixone

matrixone

After a couple days of painting here is what they look like now.

The ''saw tooth'' camouflage pattern on the undersufaces leading edge is copied from the Ta 152H's flown by11./JG 301 in 1945. I have been wanting to build a Ta 152H but can't until the Monogram/Eagle Editions Ta book comes out at the end of the year so my He 100H-1 have to be used for painting practice for the saw tooth camouflage for now.

The Bf 109 is mostly painted painted, all that I need to do is paint the yellow ID markings on the rudder and nose and then gloss coat it.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

Wow.  I mean, really: wow.
What kind of airbrush and paint do you use?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Thanks JHM,

I use a Badger 150 with the fine needle and head assembly, paints are Model MasterII enamels. I have always had good luck using this combination, but the past year I have noticed a problem with Model Master paints, they seem to go bad much more quickly than they used to. I always tighten the lids when I am done with them but they will still start to turn gooey anyway, oddly, the worst colors are black and white! Gunmetal also has a short shelf life.

Matrixone