He 100H-1 WIP pics

Started by matrixone, March 21, 2008, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

M1 , watching your threads is a great learning experience. I love your skills and your designs are awesome. :bow: I hope someday to be a pale imitation of you. :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

sotoolslinger,

Thanks for the more than kind words!

I won't have any new in-progress pics for a few days, I just finished a very long work week with many extra hours put in and NO work was done on any models for the last six days.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I know I'll probably be burned as a heretic, however I have toadmit a preference for the 109 over the He100...... love late war G's and K's..... Mmmmmm  :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

matrixone

Thanks Ian,

I like the late war 109's too, but the 109 was a dead end as far as whiffs go since they were about to end production of them in the spring of 1945. The late war developments of the Focke-Wulf Fw 190D's is what really interests me, the Germans missed out on having a very good fighter by using the Daimler-Benz engine with the Fw 190D airframe and they could have had that in late 1944, months ahead of the Ta 152C which was too late to see much service.
I have a number of what-ifs in the planning stages based on the Fw 190D design, some of them in 1/32 scale too. You will see some of them late this year or early in 2009. I am really looking forward to getting them started but am waiting on some resin aftermarket parts to be released and also waiting for volume 2 of Jerry Crandall's Dora book.

Matrixone

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

jeff3385

Only if it is model related... 'course, we could always use the flames to stretch some sprue. :dalek:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

Eddie M.

Quote from: BlackOps on May 01, 2008, 06:20:06 PM
Matrix, It's always a treat to watch your builds unfold, it always amazes me the results you get!  :bow:

I could not have said it any better. Most ogf the time, I just sit in amazement of your talent. Superb work! :wub:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

matrixone

Thank you Eddie!

Good news, both models have been gloss coated and my next set of in-prpgress pics will have many if not all the decals put on. I am getting excited about how this little He 100 will look! ;D

I also look forward to posting pics of this thing on HS, I can almost feel the heat from the flames now. :wacko:

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: matrixone on May 15, 2008, 11:02:22 AM
I also look forward to posting pics of this thing on HS, I can almost feel the heat from the flames now. :wacko:

Matrixone

I seem to recall you having 'issues' with some of the self-proclaimed experten over there in the past, Les - and to be fair a lot of those guys DO recognise the quality of your stuff. Well put-it-this-way, WE recognise your skill/effort/vision and it's great to see that those 'negative' comments you received at HS have not put you off in any way.

So..... about the Fw190/Ta152 projects...... Low level Ta152 (Ta152 fuselage with Fw190 bubble canopy, wings/armament options) for intercepting hedge-hopping P-47N's & Meteors ?

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Ian,
The Fw 190A/D whiffs that I have planned involve different engines and armament, the first one will be a Fw 190D that has been flown by one of the Zerstorer units in 1944. The other projects will be more interesting but are months away from even being started so I can't say much about them right now.

I don't worry too much if the HS crowd likes my whiffs or not, if I get any feedback either good or bad its still fun. What bothers some of them is when they don't know if my model is a whiff or a real a/c and have to check their reference books to find out for sure. When that happens all the work put into the model is worth it.
My planned builds of the Fw 190 whiffs will be painted and marked to match as close as possible the real a/c, they will be whiffs but will not look like them at first glance. My goal is to blur the line between 'real' and whiff.

Wooksta,
After reading the Fw 109D-15 chapter in the second volume of the JaPo Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings book I found out the Germans could have had an aircraft almost as good as the Ta 152C much earlier by simply using the high performance DB engines in the already well tested Fw 190D-9 airframe instead of building a whole new aircraft like the Ta 152C. The war would have ended the same way but it would have been interesting to find out how well the Fw 190D-15 performed against the best of the Allied machines.

Here (at last!) are some new WIP pics of the He 100H-1 and Bf 109G-10.
Most of the decals are on the He 100 now but I have only about half of them on the 109.

Bf 109

Matrixone

red arrow jag

THE HE100H-1    SO HOT ITS COOL    :ph34r:

John Howling Mouse

Interesting how (to me) those last two photos confuses the eye at first: already looks so much like the real thing that I found myself wondering why you bothered to use model boxes as a diorama backdrop for a photo of an actual 1:1 aircraft.

I think this is going to be the most believable one yet once you take those final background pics.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Your incredibly masterful paintwork really brings these beauties to life, Matrixone! I'm no expert on Luftwaffe camo schemes, but the He-100 T-tail certainly looks like a high-altitude interceptor to me!

Outstanding!!!

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks red arrow jag, JHM, and Brian!

The wheels, prop, and landing gear legs are finished and painted, next on the list of things to do is painting the canopy and adding another clear coat before doing the weathering on it. The weathering is something I look forward to because it will help make this thing look like something that actually was used in the war.

Matrixone