BAE Nimrod

Started by Thorvic, March 23, 2008, 02:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Well we had this on the SIG stand at the 2008 Cosford show...............

One from Chris Payne.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Hobbes

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 12, 2021, 01:34:06 PM
Well, whenever is was, the first attempt at it wasn't very successful. This photo was given to me by one of the painters who worked on it, and which was taken moments after it was rolled out of the paint shop. Apparently, the base commander was livid and was going to discipline the charge-hand until the charge-hand showed him the work order sheet specifying what paint to use and what he had used ---  The aircraft didn't get repainted until after it's first major overhaul.

Thanks, that gave me something to search for. This first attempt became known as the Brown Bomber, and I found a photo of it dated 1977.

NARSES2

Looks like a dark caramel colour to me, quite neat though
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: Hobbes on April 13, 2021, 05:32:01 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on April 12, 2021, 01:34:06 PM
Well, whenever is was, the first attempt at it wasn't very successful. This photo was given to me by one of the painters who worked on it, and which was taken moments after it was rolled out of the paint shop. Apparently, the base commander was livid and was going to discipline the charge-hand until the charge-hand showed him the work order sheet specifying what paint to use and what he had used ---  The aircraft didn't get repainted until after it's first major overhaul.

Thanks, that gave me something to search for. This first attempt became known as the Brown Bomber, and I found a photo of it dated 1977.

The guy who gave me the photo said they had another name for it  --- The Flying T#rd
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.