ysi_maniac's new concept in armour warfare

Started by ysi_maniac, March 24, 2008, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Right now I am connected from a secret dark room. :mellow: I know people from Vickers, Giat, KraussMaffei, GM, FMC, Norinco and unidentified russians are out there waiting for me to go out when my food finishes. I do not know for how long I will be able to post pics. They are wainting for me with their Pentothal syringes...
Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

If the shipping charges wouldn't kill me, I'd order you a pizza, Carlos! It's great to see you join our group build and with an AFV yet. I hope your food holds out until you get it completed!

Brian da Basher

jcf

Great-great-Grandson of the Trackless Tank?  ;D

Trackless Tank

Son of Trackless Tank

Note that while the wartime "Son of Trackless Tank" was designated as the T13 Armored Car, the original pre-war vehicle was intended, by the designers, to perform the roles of a tank rather than an armored car.

Jon

ysi_maniac

jcf

They've long been a personal favorite.

I have nice set of 1/35th drawings of the T13, so maybe one of these days if I get to feelin' ambitious....

Cheers

frank2056

The T-13 looks almost like the great, great grandfather of the BTR-60 - BTR-80. The front even looks like a Christie based tank, like the BT-5

Frank

jcf

There was also this 26-ton monster:

T18 Boarhound with 57mm gun.
Jon

Rafael

Carlos, even sitting there in pieces in the photo, the model looks like it is a speed demon. The addition of wheels is a major improvement and promises to make a great entry.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

ysi_maniac

If you think so about wheels ... Wait for the TURRET! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rafael

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

Externally mounted guns have some advantages: recoil run can be greatly increased. Guns can be recoilless too.

BTW: I am seriously considering to delete wheels and go with a HoverTank :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The wheels will go to other suitable project :wacko: ;D

Brian da Basher

Great guns, Carlos, those cannons would make any enemy take to the hills!

I vote for the hover tank. We don't see very many of those.

Brian da Basher

Maverick

Wicked looking stuff Carlos,

That turret is just awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Mav

Mossie

I like the turret Carlos, good for pop attacks over hedgerows & inclines!  I like your original idea of wheels, but a hovertank would look cool too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

John Howling Mouse

This is fantastic!  Is there anyway you could build the wheelset and a hovertank lower end as separate modules which could be interchanged so you could should either version?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.