PaK FA is not vaporware

Started by noxioux, March 26, 2008, 05:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Okay, here's some teasers for my conversion of the 1/32 Testors YF-22.  It's a seriously crap kit, but lots of big chunks of plastic for cutting and moving and sanding.  Here's a shot of the lower hull, and the 'vertical' stabilizers.

Also on the bench, a 1/144 whiff of a supercat.  We can have superbugs, why not supercats, right?

My real problem is going to be exhaust nozzles for the PaK-FA.  I want old-fashioned round vectoring nozzles, but I can't really decide if I want to spring the $$$ for resin cans.

Captain Canada

Nice work ! Really diggin' the supercat !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Okay, now that I've snapped my neck to check out the YF-22, please keep us updated on progress!   :o
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Howard of Effingham

noxious!  :thumbsup:

i think the F-14 is rather cool. it reminds me a bit of the F-14 submission that was put in for the IMI [improved
manned interceptor] in the 1970's for a F-106 replacement.

what scheme are you thinking of for this one?

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

GTX

That 1/32 Pak FA is some serious whiffing!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Shasper

*shakes head* That red putty reminds me of soooo many projects waiting for me at home. . .

I applaud you efforts sir, you shall receive the Order of Lenin upon completion!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

noxioux

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 27, 2008, 04:45:03 AM
noxious!  :thumbsup:

i think the F-14 is rather cool. it reminds me a bit of the F-14 submission that was put in for the IMI [improved
manned interceptor] in the 1970's for a F-106 replacement.

what scheme are you thinking of for this one?

trevor

I haven't given it a lot of thought.  I originally started building it OOB, and that was just boring.  Perhaps some kind of very dark blue naval scheme.  Or possibly another 'sawtooth' like my 1/144 Mig 1.44--maybe both.  Dark blue on bottom, then midnight blue on top, with some nice angular separation?