F-15K (Eagle F.1)

Started by nev, March 29, 2008, 02:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Jeffry asked me to put this up again since the original article vanished into the electronic underworld when old site was laid to rest.

This was my very first whiff - old timers (Supertom, Captain Canada - or Toad as we knew him then - Wooksta etc) may remember it from Britorama build on the old, old forum

McDD actually offered us the Eagle twice.  First time late 70s, then again early 80s when the Tornado ADV was struggling and the US government were concerned about the lack of protection their assets (and especially nuclear missiles) had from a bunch of aging Lightnings.

So here we are, Hasegawa 1/72 kit loaded for Bear with 4 Sky-Flash and 4 Sidewinders (although 1 Sky-Flash got lost in the house move)

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

kitnut617

Very nice Nev :thumbsup:  I think the RAF should have got a few just for the hell of it  :wacko:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

anthonyp

Gotta love Eagles!   :wub: :wub:

Always good to see old work.  Glad to see it back on the board!

:thumbsup:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

AeroplaneDriver

Very nice Nev!

I dont remember seeing that one before, though that may just be the years catching up!

The black tails really do look the business.   :wub: :wub: :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

Quote from: nev on March 29, 2008, 02:17:50 AM
This was my very first whiff - old timers (Supertom, Captain Canada - or Toad as we knew him then - Wooksta etc) may remember it from Britorama build on the old, old forum.

Ya, I didn't like it then, and I certainly don't like it now, either !

;D

Of course I remember that beauty.....sure would have been nice. I'd like to see a whole slew of RAF Eagles, such a sexy aeroplane.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2008, 07:45:59 AM
Very nice Nev!

I dont remember seeing that one before, though that may just be the years catching up!

Well, it was done nearly 3 years before you joined the forum ;)

Quote from: Captain CanadaI'd like to see a whole slew of RAF Eagles, such a sexy aeroplane

I think between the SIG we've probly done about half a dozen - we just need to get them organised to display at this years RAF100 theme at Telford
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

I like it.  Maybe you can claim the missile is missing by reason of being fired at something....your backstory could be about the return of the aircraft to base.   
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77